Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Hold the Line» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do terrain modifiers affect to morale checks for assaulting troops? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis E. Hernández

Puerto de Sagunto, Valencia, SPAIN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do terrain modifiers affect to morale checks for assaulting troops when using the optional rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
All the terrain types that have morale effects state specifically in the rules that they apply to the defender only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis E. Hernández

Puerto de Sagunto, Valencia, SPAIN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assumed it so, but since the morale check for assaulting troops is optional, I wasn´t sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gameluis wrote:
I assumed it so, but since the morale check for assaulting troops is optional, I wasn´t sure...

I think it demonstrates that they had the optional rules in mind when writing the terrain rules. Under the basic game rules, units attacking in close combat never test morale, so there would be no reason to specify that the bonuses or penalties for morale based on terrain only apply to the defender, unless you take the optional rules into consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.