Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Central Florida gamers - I want to let you all know that Sci-Fi City is (re)introducing a Board Game Night at the Orlando location.

(Disclaimer: I am the new Events Coordinator at Sci-Fi City, and this is one of my new initiatives! Plus, it gives me a chance to play games while on the clock...)

Every Thursday we're featuring a new board game, with free play after 4 p.m. If you've never played before, we'll be glad to teach you! AND if it's a game you're on the fence about buying, you can try it out first.

Finally, and perhaps best of all, you'll enjoy a 20% discount on purchase of the featured game all day long!

I'm going to post here regularly to let you know what the featured game of the week is/will be. You can also find the information on our newly renovated web-site at sci-fi-city.com/orlando.htm.

This week (September 18th) we're starting with Catan.

Next week (Sept. 25th) we'll be playing Carcassonne.

And stay tuned for game nights in October, when we'll be featuring a new Halloween themed game every week!

Thanks, and hope to see you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Wednesday night not going on any more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Wednesday night is at a different store, Cool Stuff Games.

Glad to hear that Sci-Fi is having a game night. If it wasn't so far from my house, I'd be there every week. Sci-Fi helped get me into board games, as I bought my first euro game, other than Settlers, Carcassonne there. They had a decent selection of board games well before the current board game explosion happened. They have a lot of room also to play games. I highly recommend them.

Edit: I just added it to the Orlando Gamers Association guild. That should get the heads up to most everyone in the Orlando area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah,

I had just figured that out. When I hear gaming in Orlando I think Sci-Fi. Being that I'm not from the Orlando area. But, I've stopped into Sci-Fi when traveling through since they were 1701.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SVan wrote:
I just added it to the Orlando Gamers Association guild. That should get the heads up to most everyone in the Orlando area.

Thanks! We're hoping for an ever-growing night!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Reich
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I totally forgot about your store. No offense, I live .23 miles from the downtown kissimmee Coliseum of Comics.

EDIT** Totally missed your link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We need to get some gaming in at the Kissimmee store. That's much closer for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.