United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that lately a whole lot more Wargame Images and Articles are getting approved.I have no facts to back this up but I have noticed when I'm modding that many more seem to be getting through the modders than a few months ago.I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ssshhhhhhh! Oh great, Bill, now they'll be on to us for sure! I guess it's back to submissions at 3 AM...nice going, man, just when we had 'em lulled to sleep!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do uploaded files go through the modding process? If so, I'd say that either the rules have changed for what sort of files can be uploaded, or the basis for acceptance is inconsistent.

I tried last week to upload the Cyberboard gamefile from the championship game in the current round of the BaM Ladder, and had it refused with the explanation that it was a "session report". I had been thinking of doing an actual session report, discussing why I made certain key moves, and directing users to the file for those who wanted to see the entire game.

My original motivation was that I noticed that the BaM Cyberboard gamefile already in the Files section had been downloaded over 500 times. Since there are only 800 owners and 1100 plays recorded for BaM, 500 downloads sounded like a good indicator that people want that sort of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't the Administrators mod those?I was referring to the modding done by members.I have to agree with you though.I can't understand why that wouldn't be approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Try to upload it again George. I would really like to see some high level BaM in action...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
billyboy wrote:
It seems to me that lately a whole lot more Wargame Images and Articles are getting approved.I have no facts to back this up but I have noticed when I'm modding that many more seem to be getting through the modders than a few months ago.I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this.

It seems to me that lately a whole lot more submitted wargame images have clear captions and a much better overall image quality. It looks like quite a lot of modders have noticed this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChemEng wrote:
Try to upload it again George. I would really like to see some high level BaM in action...

I'm not sure there's a point - wouldn't it just go back to whoever it was that already rejected it? They've got a lot of files to look at, and I'm sure it would be a pain if everybody who submitted something and had it bounced just re-submitted it. I don't want to annoy them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.