United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is getting monotonous but I've got to keep posting. It's the only thing keeping me sane.

We played Lexio by candlelight last night so that was kinda neat. FYI, if a candle tips and pours wax all over the Lexio tiles...it's no problem at all. The wax just peels right off.

Thanks goodness we have gas appliances and a gas water heater. At least we can still cook (using one of those hand clicky-clicky butane starters) and take hot showers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to float away, but the water hasn't gone anywhere either.

Stupid water my two minute drive to work now takes about 25.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:

Stupid water my two minute drive to work now takes about 25.

Bummer. The lack of bad weather is what makes it so surreal around here. We had beautiful skies, mild temperatures, very little rain...then the big wind whammy on Saturday (no rain mind you). It's been mild and sunny since. Not even a hint of bad weather...yet hundreds of thousands of people are without power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
So you still have water? that's helpful. Hang in there! Can they give you any idea how much longer it'll be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
So you still have water? that's helpful. Hang in there! Can they give you any idea how much longer it'll be?

We have the right amount of water but it sounds like cold_fuzion has too much soblue

The Columbus Dispatch posted a map yesterday that showed our area in the "if you're lucky your day will be Friday" so maybe tomorrow. However, I live in an older neighborhood with lots of mature (i.e. old) trees and many ravines. My house was built in the 1920's. The power company ran their lines down through the ravines and, of course, trees on both sides have fallen in a nice crisscross pattern downing lines and poles all over the place. There are many people on my street still with huge logs on the 2nd story roof waiting for the insurance people to come take a look see.

On another happy note, I had a trade game arrive yesterday in the mail (In the Shadow of the Emperor) so I'm excited to see it in daylight (too dark when I got home to really see it though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
matthew.marquand wrote:

We have the right amount of water but it sounds like cold_fuzion has too much soblue

Yes, we have fish swimming on our streets and ducks in our parking lots. Very weird, this area doesn't usually flood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Crapola. Just got an update from my wife. I guess the paper this morning is now reporting that it might be Saturday for us. I'm not counting my ducks before they get pancakes on their heads or until I can throw them over the fence while eating bacon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthew.marquand wrote:
I'm not counting my ducks before they get pancakes on their heads...

I'm sure my kids will appreciate your saying that. I will now start telling them to not count their ducks before they get pancakes on their heads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.