Subject: Tichu/Grand Tichu - Trick Points Counted? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bob smith
United States
Home
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the points scored in tricks taken still counted if a team makes Tichu/Grand Tichu?

Example: Player 1 of Team A goes out first and he called Grand Tichu. Does he get a straight up 200 points or does he get the 200 for the Grand Tichu plus trick points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What preview button?
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trick points are counted regardless of success/failure, call/no call of T/GT. Trick points are only not counted if a team goes out 1-2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dujo is right. Further if a player is successful with Tichu or Grand Tichu and their team goes out 1-2, then the team would receive 300 or 400 points respectively (i.e. no scoring other than Tichu/Grand Tichu plus the 200 points for going out 1-2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even better is when you call tichu, make it then only end up with like 5 pts from tricks 105-95

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatsu wrote:
Even better is when you call tichu, make it then only end up with like 5 pts from tricks 105-95

Oh I hate it when that happens, ouch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Tatsu wrote:

I've had negative card points with a successful Tichu (the Phoenix, and less than 25 points in 5s/Ts/Ks). I'm pretty sure I've even seen a successful-Tichu hand earn only 75 points to the opposition's 125.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had that happen. It generally occurs late game where more gutsy tichus and grand tichus are called. Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob smith
United States
Home
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers. I've been trying to play but I was unsure of this rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Rappak wrote:
I've had that happen. It generally occurs late game where more gutsy tichus and grand tichus are called. Oh well.

I've found low, even less than 100 scores for a successful Tichu call are fairly common. That's because the Tichu caller often has the phoenix and the dragon. Normally then they win a trick with the phoenix, taking -25, and win a trick with the dragon, which they must give away, possibly giving the other team 25. Probably more often than not, they pick up more than 25 points from tricks won with Aces and other high hands, but sometimes the opponents are throwing their 7s and Jacks and such on these hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.