Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished drafting my half of the thank you notes. Here are actual excerpts (in most cases "wedding gift" means "check/money"):

To my parents
"We would like to thank you so much for the Cutco knives and too-generous wedding check, or as we like to call them, the weapon and motive."

To my brother and his wife
"Thank you so much for the wedding gift and even greater thanks for not taking it back when I accidentally kneed your daughter in the head in the limo." (Backstory: she's 4. On the way to the reception hall, she was jumping around the limo when the driver slammed the brakes.)

To friends
"Thank you for the generous check which will help us start our new life together. Personally, I wanted to 'invest' it on the lottery, but apparently we have to be responsible with it. Lame."

To my aunt and uncle who provided us with a jazz mix for the reception
"Thank you so much for your generous wedding gift as well as the tremendous help building the soundtrack for our reception. We have already put both to good use (minds out of the gutter, both of you) in starting our new life together."

To my vegetarian friend
"Thank you so much for the check we received as a wedding gift. It was great to see you at the reception, though we apologize nearly every dish was made up of so many delicious animals."

To engaged friends
"We're sorry you that you couldn't attend the wedding, but we wish you all the best with your upcoming nuptials and all the hell in planning it."

To my aunt and her fiance
"Lisa and I wanted to thank you for the gift of beer which did not last long in the house. We also would like to thank you for the generous check, which we quickly spent on more beer."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Rodriguez
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, more words here.
badge
This is overtext. Man, what an awesome use of 100 geekgold! :)
mbmbmbmbmb

I am so showing this to my wife. She wouldn't let me touch the Thank you cards, exactly for this reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I told a few people thank you. My wife wrote the cards. I signed my name on a few of them. Just like my checks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mndwrm wrote:

I am so showing this to my wife. She wouldn't let me touch the Thank you cards, exactly for this reason.

I wish I'd thought of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are fantastic. I'm sure they're going to love getting thank yous like those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome replies. Writing thank you cards will be more fun in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
How about the note to you crazy Uncle Frank? everyone has a crazy Uncle Frank right?

Dear Uncle Frank. While it was much appreciated that you were able to come to the wedding, we would like to thank you for the lovely card, even though it wasn't our 35th birthday? But we appreciated the thought anyway.

P.S. Enclosed is the bill from the reception hall for the amount of $850 for the damage to the stage you inflicted when you became so drunk that you thought you would impress us with your gymnastic skills and did a back flip into the band. I do hope the night in the clink didn't upset you too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
How about the note to you crazy Uncle Frank? everyone has a crazy Uncle Frank right?

Dear Uncle Frank. While it was much appreciated that you were able to come to the wedding, we would like to thank you for the lovely card, even though it wasn't our 35th birthday? But we appreciated the thought anyway.

P.S. Enclosed is the bill from the reception hall for the amount of $850 for the damage to the stage you inflicted when you became so drunk that you thought you would impress us with your gymnastic skills and did a back flip into the band. I do hope the night in the clink didn't upset you too much.

It worked out at my wedding--all the really drunk folk took it outside. (My brother had a case of beer and ordered a pizza for people who didn't have a taste for the chinese banquet.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ohhhhh Cutco knives. When I got married I brought along my own set of few cutco cutleries, as my own "dowry" =p

Well at least you didn't some weird gifts like creme brulee maker, or whatever. We have gotten some things which we just stare at it and go "what the heck is that used for?"

Congratulations anyways on your marriage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are creme brulee makers? OMG, creme brulee is almost as heavenly as bacon! Really.

Great thank you notes. I would get a huge kick out of getting one like those. Usually, the process is so numbing that you just write out mindless generalities, even while you're trying to "personalize" them. But yours are terrific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are great cards. I wish my side of the family had a sense of humor, so I could make you write my cards for me too.

Love,
Erik.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
There are creme brulee makers? OMG, creme brulee is almost as heavenly as bacon! Really.

They're basically miniature blowtorches, AFAIK.

Great thankyous. My best effort was when the Bigster was born:

"Thankyou for the lovely Bunnikins Bib. We like Bunnikins and she likes to vomit, so it is a match made in heaven."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.