Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone that's gone before or going this year? I'm also wondering if Thurs. night is the only time for open gaming. If so, then it might not worth my money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been a few times over the years.

As long as table space is available they have allowed open gaming in the past.

That being said, the two times I've made it there when they have been at the current location, there has been plenty of open table space for board gaming. There has been a lot of open gaming.

Although, I know that they were talking about including them more with the main gaming room. I really prefer having it's own board gaming room. But, I'm not sure what they decided. There fluctuates how much board games are on the schedule. There seems to be a lot this year.

Monica with Orlando Gamers is really trying to build board gaming there and has been coordinating it. You might want to check with her. I don't know if she's around here, but you can check at - http://www.orlgamers.com/phpBB3/

You can search the geeklists, I think there has been a couple posted on gaming there. It will give you an idea. Also, check for Recon (it's really the same con, they just run that one in the Spring)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike!

If that's the case I was planning on bringing a bunch of games, enough to keep plenty of board gamers playing all day. I will be there Friday and Saturday, most of the days.

This is a list of games I definitely want to bring (although don't know if it'll be split up between the two days or not):
Risk: LotR
Race for the Galaxy
RoboRally
Goa
Merchants of Amsterdam
Reef Encounter
Agricola
Sucking Vacuum
Vegas Showdown
Louis XIV
Pandemic
Railroad Tycoon
Say Anything
Caylus Magna Carta
Fairy Tale
Aquaretto
Fury of Dracula
Power Grid

Edit: Not bringing as many games I thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Petterson
United States
Gulfport
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to Hurricon and have gone for the last three years. There is a Board Game room seperate from the main sales/game area. The GM's register to take table space ahead of time to intice players to show up and play. You should have no problem with pickup games all weekend long. Just look for open areas and when in doubt ask if anyone is scheduled to set up there. Some Miniatures games require extensive setup ahead of time, so most are early for there scheduled time. The hotel convention area is of good size and I have not seen every table occupied at the same time.
Perhaps our paths shall cross, I am looking forward to playing Last night on earth and Axis and Allies miniatures with my buddies.
See ya there,
Karl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb

We'll be playtesting my Baja off-road race game at Hurricon this weekend...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/304080

...so please plan to stop by for an hour or two!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.