Popular Tags: [View All]
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone has played this game,does "2 complete levels" consists of atleast 4 castellers in a single column of 4, or 2 castellers in a row over 2 castellers? It says in the rules that a row can consist of one or more castellers, so which is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey David,

I actually thought I replied to your original query. But, a legal castle is 2x2. You can not build up unless you have at least two castellers as your base.

LA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my thinking but if you read this from the rules........."First build the lowest level. This level may consist of one or
more castellers, all placed next to one another directly on the base tile. As soon as you start the next level by placing a
casteller on top of one casteller on the lowest level, you can no longer add castellers to the lowest level..." You can see that it does not say that you cannot place a piece above a single base piece though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. P. Harris
United States
flag msg tools
We just got this game and I see skeletodoc's point. For an "active" tower, the rules state: "A tower is active when it contains two complete levels and at least four castellers." This does necessarily specify that two of those complete levels must have a total of four or more castellers in total for only these two levels (if it did, then 2x2 would be correct and 1x4 would not be). So, can there be an active tower of 1x4? In a 1x4 tower, you do have two complete levels (you actually have 4 complete levels) and the whole tower has at least 4 castellers (so, although the whole tower has 4 castellers, two of the complete levels do not have 4 castellers in total for two of these levels). What does anyone think? I just wrote an email to Devir about this...I will post any answer I receive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. P. Harris
United States
flag msg tools
This is the reply I received from Devir USA:

"Regarding the rules, from what I understand (and the way we play here) is that you do need 2 side-by-side castellers to start a tower. 1x4 is not legal."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David

Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that a castell (tower) of 1x4 is legal. I was going to explain that they exist in real life, but then I saw that another user has already explained it better: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/340351
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.