United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhere there was a post (maybe on a different site) with the breakdown of whats in each type of booster and the starters.

Can anyone point me the right way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it, never mind....

Starter Boxes ($24.99) contain one random monster with one corresponding Hyper form, two preset buildings, and four preset Units. All preset figures will appear in the set as well. Additionally, you will get one two-sided map, one 64-page rulebook, one Handy Reference Guide, four Boost Dice, 10 Action Dice, and 10 Power Dice.

Monster Boosters ($12.99) contain one random monster and one corresponding Hyper form. Each monster in the set has one corresponding Hyper form that comes with it in the booster each time. There are 12 monsters total in the first set, and all monsters have the same rarity. You may only use one of any monster when you play – even with the Multi-Monster rules. Monsters are labeled “***” for their rarity.

Unit Boosters ($12.99) contain one random building and four random units. There are nine buildings total, all with the same rarity (although two of those buildings will be preset in the starter). Buildings are labeled “**” for their rarity. There are 36 units total (six per faction). Fourteen of the Units are labeled “*”, which is the most frequent, 10 are labeled “**” (a bit less frequent), and 12 are labeled “***”, which are the hardest to acquire. You get one “***”, one “**”, and two “*” per booster. You may play with up to five of any one type of unit or building when you play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks for helping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the thing I love about BGG. People who've never even met face-to-face, helping each other out. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Hey, thanks for helping.

I would've if I could've but I couldn't so I didn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Hey, thanks for helping.

Geosphere wrote:
No problem.

It's nice to see when multiple personalities get along so well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone who knows more about this game:

Will you need 1 or 2 starters for a couple playing the game?

And anyone know about the blue/red accessory packs? Are they necessary or desirable if I never took the stuff outside my house?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
KakarisMaelstrom wrote:
For anyone who knows more about this game:

And anyone know about the blue/red accessory packs? Are they necessary or desirable if I never took the stuff outside my house?

With only one monster, one life tracker and one set of dice per starter you will probably want one starter per player.

The blue/red accessory packs contain extra life trackers, extra dice sets and little coloured rings to identify whose monsters are whose in a mirror match (Terra Khan vs. Terra Khan, for example) or if both players field identical units. They're probably not necessary if you're just going to purchase a couple of starters and leave it at that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KakarisMaelstrom wrote:

You will need either 2 starters, or 1 starter and 1 accessory pack. I'm going the latter route myself: I don't need a second rulebook, and I'll be getting enough boosters that I'm not worried about the figures, which means the lower price point is what I'm after. The ID rings are just a bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bwian wrote:
KakarisMaelstrom wrote:

You will need either 2 starters, or 1 starter and 1 accessory pack.

That doesn't work for 2 players if you're not getting a bunch of boosters.

The minimum is still 2 starters for 2 people to give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Bwian wrote:
KakarisMaelstrom wrote:

You will need either 2 starters, or 1 starter and 1 accessory pack.

That doesn't work for 2 players if you're not getting a bunch of boosters.

The minimum is still 2 starters for 2 people to give it a try.

To give it a try, yes. But "a couple playing the game" covers more than just people trying out the game as a one-off, and IMHO you only need to buy two or three boosters before the starter + accessory pack option starts looking attractive. YMMV on the exact number, but I don't think you need to be buying by the case before paying an extra $10 for duplicate figures stops making sense.

But sure, to clarify: the "2 starter" option makes sense if you aren't buying (m)any boosters, and the "starter + accessory pack" makes sense if you are. Didn't mean to confuse anyone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.