Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The player card for Egypt states "Place the single Caravan marker for this province on one of these two commodity icons." But to my mind (and to other players in my group) the commodities being pointed to on the player card are in different provinces. Is Sinai part of the Egyptian province of Alexandria/Memphis (meaning there should be no white line separating Alexandria from Sinai) or is Sinai a separate province (in which case it seems that Egypt should put down another influence marker if it has an initial caravan there)?

I have read the rules and looked through the FAQ and other online posts and couldn't see this point discussed anywhere else. I'd be grateful for any clarification.

Christopher

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinai and the province with Alexandria in it are two seperate provinces. Egypt does not start with influence (or anything else) in Sinai.

The caravan in Alexandria province should go on the one resource space that is available.

I haven't got access to the setup card here, but it looks as if the wording is mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Clark
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the mistake is on the Egyptian setup sheet, not the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Filip
Canada
New Westminster
BC
flag msg tools
badge
I had the same question untill I saw this picture
which actually shows the corrected setup chart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.