Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DIMITRIOS KANOS
Greece
ALEXANDROUPOLI
EVROS
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wandering monsters: these are working well with the solitaire rules. Wandering monsters are giving a meaning to Turns when playing solo. Make five 3-card packs and keep them beside the board. At the end of each turn, roll a 1d10. On 1, you encounter a wandering pack. Choose one of the five packs and encounter them like a normal crypt. I don't roll for wandering monsters, when a turn is ending after Raiding a crypt or when the party is in the Inn.After finishing the five wandering packs, there are no other wandering monsters. Of course when creating the packs, you can use traps and treasures, not only monsters.

Hidden monsters: this variant works well with my other variant post, about Heroquest style of playing. Some squares on the passages can have hidden monsters. You can create some packs, like the Wandering Monsters packs and choose from them. Every player chooses one or two squares (can be adjacent) from the beginning. When another player passes from there, he encounters the hidden monsters. Of course the players must take notes, where they place their hidden monsters on a piece of paper. If you play with a Game Master, he notes where the hidden monsters are on his adventure map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chemist .
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A nice idea. I've always wanted a way to incorporate random encounters in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.