Subject: All UK Geeks - Perspex. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
oneilljgf wrote:
Fellow UK Geeks,

They are selling these boards in Woolworths at £10 each, or two for £15. They are a good size (100cm x 70cm) so they will fit most games that do not come with a mounted map.

Oh dearie, dearie me, I might even start looking at GMT!

The above quote is from my comment on my image.

I have shewn my image for Gettysburg: Badges of Courage as an example. Thumb the image if you like it!

Honestly, these seem seriously good value but, I think they are only in the larger stores. I got mine in Glasgow.

Regards,

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
oooh that tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim

It's very nice - but are Woolworths really selling this as a 70x100cm piece of perspex for wargaming, or is it a picture frame or something for a shower unit or similar?

Gary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary,

It's actually called a Clip Frame and it does come with clips to clip the perspex front onto what looks like a hardboard/compressed wood backing. They advertise it to be used as a poster frame. Quite neat and bloody good value in my opinion.

Regards,

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
oooh that tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim

Thanks - that's brilliant - not only do you get the perspex, but you get a nice big bit of card - handy for those game designing moments (the clips can go in the bin).

I'll be down Woolies at the next available opportunity.

Gary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
"I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run…to savour the trip along the way."
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news. The only poster frames I've found so far have been glass and after one broke on me I didn't want to go down that road again. Very messy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.