Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Kenney
United States
New Milford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Gotta catch 'em all!
badge
I like shorts. They are comfy and easy to wear.
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife insists that she likes games, "Just not those boring games you like." To be fair, she'll give any game I set in front of her a shot, sometimes three, but I have learned to keep my expectations very, very low.

She does love party games, though, particularly word games, so when I suggested we buy Apples to Apples for a recent get together she jumped at the chance. And when the game hit the table it was funny to see the three women excited to play the game and the four men eyeing the box dubiously.

I was the second judge of the game and was playing the role a little too literally, waiting for people to argue their case. I was shouted down, "You're the judge! Just pick the one you like!" and the game went a lot more smoothly after that.

Your mileage may very, but this is definitely a game that lives and dies by the effort that the group puts in (as has no doubt been noted here many times), and you might learn something, like which people at the table have no idea who Carl Sagan is ("Billions and billions?" "Nova?" ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.