Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boy, what a mess I find myself in...

Here is the long version:
Many years ago we were having a family reunion. Our family was hosting. I decided we needed to fill the nights with games, as we always like to play Yahtzee or Monopoly or other such games when we get together. I decided I'd try to find some different games we would enjoy. Thus began my affair with BGG.

I started reading reviews and becoming more and more excited about the world of games that was opening up to me. I am strategist...I love anything that involves strategizing. I was like a kid in a candy store. At any rate, I bought $100 worth of games, the most noteworthy being Settlers of Catan which has become our family's favorite game.

I accrued a pretty big collection of games over the next few years and was instrumental in establishing a pretty good gaming group in San Antonio. Well, eventually it was time to move. About that same time, we had our third child. So life was pretty hectic. When we got here (Georgia), I just didn't have enough time for games and didn't know anyone who played games, so I found other interests. I even started selling off some of my games on Ebay (I even went so far as trading Power Grid and Attika for some Lego sets for my kids...that one still makes me sad).

My worst mistake however came when I went to sell a game and realized it didn't have the rules. I remembered BGG and went and posted a request. Someone painstakingly scanned the rules and emailed them to me. I decided I would thank this person back in Geek Gold. I had 30 GG in my account and figured I didn't have any use for it anymore so I shipped it to the person who helped me. (For someone who plays games, this move displayed surprisingly little foresight on my part...)

Just recently, I rediscovered games and found some people here who play regularly. Logging into BGG, I notice these days, you gotta pretty up your account with avatars and microbadges and other stuff. The problem is I no longer have any Geek Gold! (I even bought a game at a garage sale Saturday with the idea that it might not be in the database and it could earn me a few GG coins.)

So I am offering a crisp Lincoln ($5 via paypal) for Geekgold so I can get back to the hobby I never should have neglected in the first place, starting with buying some microbadges!

Geekmail me your offers...I will take the best offer by Friday, Sept 29 a noon EST.

Thanks!
KJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.