Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question: I just eBayed a copy of Shogun (Not Samurai Swords, the earlier 'Shogun' version), and I came across an oddity:
The Ninja is not listed in the 'parts manifest' on the second page of the rulebook.

I found the other thread asking for a manifest, and people quoted that list...but everybody knows there's a Ninja (in black) in this game.

There's even a space for him in the 'Master Tray'.

So, I'm wondering: Is that an omission in the parts list, or did *gasp* the Ninja not come included with Shogun, but only the later Samurai Swords version?

I know this is going back a ways, but I'm returning this game as incomplete/misrepresented, and I want a full account of just HOW incomplete it was.
yuk

Missing Ninja is a 'Fail', in my book. At least it is if I wasn't told ahead of time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beyak
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
Combat Commander gets your blood flowing.
mbmbmbmbmb
There was indeed a little black plastic ninja that came with Milton Bradley's Shogun. If it was not listed on the parts list then the parts list is incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the manual in front of me, but I have a copy of "Shogun" (not Samurai Swords) at home. My copy came with a Ninja and yours should have one as well.

Unfortunately, there are no Black Ninjas at this website: http://www.syddware.com/cgi-bin/pirate.pl, which I've used in the past for missing parts.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, odd. O.k., just checking. Thanks for the prompt responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oddly enough, the Samurai Swords version of the rulebook (http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/samuraiswords.pdf) doesn't have the ninja listed in the parts manifest.

My copy of Shogun (purchased used) has a ninja.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmb
Listed or not, I would not let the presence of the ninja influence you decision to buy. It's a great game and truthfully, the ninja is, whilst colorful, not mandatory. And if you want a ninja, you can easily replace it by another plastic or metal miniature.

(Part of Ceasar's H003 - Japanese Samurai with Ninja box, taken from PlasticSoldierReview.com)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.