Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight we played our first game and we both enjoyed it (my gf and I). I thought I'd mention it although this post has nothing to do with it

Since I read the rules to the game and some of the scenarios, I've been thinking about scenarios where heroes are featured more prominently, and players are forced to use them to get stuff done (like finding artifacts, special items for the scenario, quests, etc...) but when I got the game I saw how there is just one type of hero for each army and they are all the same. Of course, as wizards are also one man units (I think) those could be considered heroes too...

Basically what I think would be really cool is to have heroes that are different (with different costs too) and that you can make a party and complete tasks within a scenario. This way, the game would have a mixure of strategic army moving and fighting plus the adventure feel of the heroes trying to accomplish their quests/tasks against all odds.

Of course, with the game as it is, scenarios like this could probably be played to a certain extent, but heroes do seem to be rare (I don't have one for each faction, and only one faction has more than one), so it seems the best would be to create some custom heroes, print and stick a few to each army (trying to make the parties more or less balanced).

If I do this, I'll just print them on cardboard or sturdy photo paper and stick them temporarily with the blue stuff...

Suggestions? Ideas?

Edit: What about B4 heroes that cost 3 and instead of just city type, they can be of other types (like fores or mountain)? I just made a couple of those using pics from the 'net and the excellent powerpoint file:

Edit2: On second thought, maybe B heroes is not such a good idea. Slow heroes seem to be at a big disadvantage. Not only are thy weak (compared to normal units) but also not attacking first can be a disaster... Unless a B hero would compensate their slowness with more hit chance (B5 or C5 heroes??) I'll keep thinking about it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.