Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » General

Subject: Missing card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened my copy and it seems I'm missing an omen card: bite. I don't think Avalon Hill can help me out? Can someone scan the bite card an send it to me. There is a GG award.

How vital is this card in the game? I know that certain haunts won't unlock without it, but I can force those haunts when I'd have to choose one we allready played. But is it an item I need to solve the haunts? If I need it then I'd need to create a complete new haunts deck, otherwise the copy would stand out. If it's not needed, then maybe I'd leave it out and play with the 12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Farr
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will not have access to a scanner until Monday, when I'm back at work. I'll be happy to scan it and send it to you if you haven't had any better offers by then.

I don't know how important it might be. I have yet to play the game (I received it in a trade a few weeks ago). I am still hoping that this game turns out to be fun. There are a fair amount of detractors that appear to raise plenty of valid criticism. Maybe we'll just be lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Mascheroni
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouter,

I have the game but not a scanner

Maybe you could ask "petersjs" http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/petersjs as he has uploaded some wonderful scans of the cards.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
DM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Muzatko
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this game and a scanner. I can scan it in a couple hours when I get home. (I'm at work. ) Do you need the back too?

Every card and chit, etc. appears to be pretty vital to one haunt or another (not 100% sure yet though. But my educated guess). I've played about 8 or so of the haunts so far. I can't say that I've played the one utilizing bite yet. But I purposefully haven't read any haunts I haven't played yet.

Sorry that card was missing. That kinda sucks. But maybe if you can cut it to the exact size of the other cards and get it to be the same thickness, it might not stand out that much since it is in the deck. (hoping.)

I know that the "bottomless lake" or whatever it is called - tile. Is mis-printed on the back to be an upstairs tile, instead of a basement. And I printed a new sticker for the back to make it a basement tile. and it isn't noticeable. (granted it is on top of an existing tile piece. Not a new card altogether.)But it is now a flat color instead of shiny.

~Christopher
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its not hugely important.....it'll just cut out those haunts that require the 'bite' card from use. since the game works by cross referencing the last omen card w/ the room it was found in to find the haunt...you just won't ever see the 'bite' haunts.

I don't remember off hand if any of the other haunts require you to search for the 'bite' omen. I don't think so...most of those type require the heroes to search the house for a weapon-type omen (like the spear) to fight a specific monster

and when you do replace it...its not a huge deal if the replacement card is alittle 'off'.... there's not a whole lot of management on which omen card you draw..you just draw the top, and its random when you do (via the room tiles)

so even if all the players knew that the next omen was 'bite'...it really wouldn't make that big a difference.

so its playable with out the card..but definetely get that thing replaced when you can to open up those other haunts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I would say that "bite" is somewhat important to the game. It is the one and only harmful omen, and as such adds a nice thrill to getting an omen roll. Thus it's important in a thematic way, but you can survive without it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Avalon Hill might not be of help but Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro sure will. I had in the pass a problem with the pieces of my copy that came off centered. Wrote to Hasbro about it and in a Month I received a complete replacement for the 2 sheets with problems. This was at the beginning of this year so you should have a problem at least until they do not have more spare parts. But for experience I tell you to write them. I filled a form in their site and everything went great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
If you still want the scan I can ask a friend and have a 300 dpi scan tonight but Hasbro will surely send you a new card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Muzatko
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind scanning it in Hi-Res & uploading in 90 mins when I get home from work (if someone hasn't already). But I also agree with Will, it still would be worth contacting Hasbro/WotC to see if they have the replacement for you. The worst case scenario is they could tell you is that they our out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Muzatko
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bite Omen Card TIF (300 DPI) (5.44MB):
http://www.PhantomTech.info/Bite_OmenCard.tif

I do have a 300 DPI JPG that is around 1.25MB) if that is too big.
http://www.PhantomTech.info/Bite_OmenCard.jpg

~Christopher
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone for the help and for proposing to scan. Scan is made and I've downloaded it.

I will contact Hasbro / Wizards. You never know. If that doesn't work out I'll print the scan on some cardboard and I'll make sure it fits. It won't have the same finish but it's probably not that bad if it stands out a little. Maybe I can search some card sleeves that fit, but I doubt if that particular size will exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultra Pro Sleeves Tall Soft work perfectly.

They hold cards up to 2 1/2 x 4 3/4. They come in a package of 100.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. I'll check my local gamestore.

I contacted Wizards, but it seems they can't replace the card as the game is out of print for a long time. So I'll have to create my own replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.