Popular Tags: [View All]
Aneurin Kennerley
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know of a decent gaming shop in Exeter. Taking a holiday down there and wouldn't mind bumping up my games collection. Mainly looking for a shop that sells things like Agricola, Carcassonne, Settlers, etc.
Ta

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin blackham
United Kingdom
belper
derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clifton Road Games. Not been myself but a friend highly recommends them. Good prices too.

www.cliftonroadgames.co.uk/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tao Wong
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, must be new. I haven't been to Exeter in a long time, but there used to be a gaming shop to the South of High Street. Just walk downhill (coming from the Cathedral, turn left and just go down. It's on the opposite side of the street of the Cathredal) on the corner of a small courtyard. Not a huge selection in there though the last time I was around but it was the only shop that I knew who sold any type of gaming equipment (other than GW of course).

If you do go there, make sure to head all the way into the courtyard - there's a little cafe that does a great breakfast for reasonable prices and a second-hand clothes shop that is good as well. Sorry I can't provide a name... it's been a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aneurin Kennerley
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up... I'll check these suggestions out and report back next week with my findings... liking the sound of the cafe with the nice breakfast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin blackham
United Kingdom
belper
derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the cafe that Tao mentions. Highly recommended. And there is a sci-fi shop on the corner still that sells a few games but it's more Star Wars figures and posters than games.

www.welovelocal.com/en/sw/exeter/exeter/cafes/the-real-mccoy...

Enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Knight Games
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be worth giving them a ring first. I gave their Clifton Road address to someone who later said that they had moved (around the corner). I never had this confirmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aneurin Kennerley
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll be good to see all the star wars merchandise anyway... now all I gotta do is persuade the wife!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tao Wong
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamescentre wrote:
Here's the cafe that Tao mentions. Highly recommended. And there is a sci-fi shop on the corner still that sells a few games but it's more Star Wars figures and posters than games.

www.welovelocal.com/en/sw/exeter/exeter/cafes/the-real-mccoy...

Enjoy.

Ooh, that's right, the Real McCoy. God that brings back memories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.