Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased 10 Days in Asia and have had several chances to play this installment in the 10 Days series. I also own 10 Days in the USA and have played 10 Days in Africa several times.

Components:

The game comes in a small square box that holds all the components very well. Out of the Box did a great job with the insert as it holds all the cards perfectly and the card holders on the sides.

The games components are top notch as with all the 10 days games. The cards are very thick cardboard cards and the player’s card holders are black with gold lettering.

The board is a large map of Asia and as with all the other 10 Days games it uses color coding of the countries so you can easily see where the countries are and how to use the airplanes

The rule book is very easy to understand and very well laid out. Again it is very consistent with the 10 Days series of games.

Gameplay:

If you are familiar with the 10 Days series then skip down to the end to see that changes made in this version.

The object of the game is to make a 10 day trip using the cards of interconnecting countries in Asia. You will start the game by drawing cards from the stack and placing them in the card holders facing you. You will place 1 card in each day and once a card is placed it can not me changed at this stage of the game. Once you are finished the game starts. The draw deck has 3 cards laid out as discard piles and you will draw 1 card and you may discard that card or exchange it for a card in your card holder and discard the card that you replaced. When you get 10 connecting cards you announce that you win and the game ends.

Sounds simple enough, but there are transportation cards in the game that can change things a bit and make your trip easier. The main restriction with transportation cards is that they can not be played as days 1 and 10

Airplanes – Allow you to connect to countries that match the color of the airplane card. i.e. you play an orange country in day 7 and an orange airplane in day 8 followed by an orange county in day 9.

Ships – These allow you to connect 2 countries that border that ocean. There are 2 different types (Indian and Pacific Oceans) and there area few countries that border both oceans. (these were new to me but were introduced in 10 Days in Europe )

Trains – This is the new transportation option for this game. On the board are railways that connect several countries. There are several different railroads but the cards are generic and can be used on any of them. The ability of these cards is to connect any country along a railway with any other country along the same railway. Iran, China and Russia all area connect to multiple railways and can help you complete your trip quickly.

Conclusion:

I really enjoy this game. I feel that it is the best of the 10 days series so far. I like it better then USA as there are multiple cards for some of the larger countries and that they have the Trains and Ships (it is missing the cars) and I enjoy it over Africa for much of the same reasons. It is quick and light. This is a great gateway game for people that are used to traditional games. The only drawback is that it is too light.

While I enjoy the game it is a bit light for me and gets tiring after repeated plays. My wife loves the game and the 1st night we played we had to play 5 games in a row just so that she can say she won a game

7.5/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.