Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any idea what the possible maximum score is while playing this solitaire (with the 'take a peek + catalyst' and '5 points Big puls' variants) ??

I see from the online flash version a few folks have scored 114. Think the best I have managed so far is 98.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
richdodgin wrote:
Does anyone have any idea what the possible maximum score is while playing this solitaire (with the 'take a peek + catalyst' and '5 points Big puls' variants) ??

I see from the online flash version a few folks have scored 114. Think the best I have managed so far is 98.

Before there was a Java version, I played a bunch of games 'by hand' - I don't think I ever broke 100. 98 or 99 was my max. I don't think I ever used a 'take a peek' variant, but I think I did use '5 point big puls'.

I played once or twice via java when it first came out, but I don't think I've played Micropul since

It's one of my only games rated 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I had been trying several times, both on-line and with my home-made Big-Bang version, and I was blocked at 99. Sometimes I thought I had done better but the disappointment came after counting (and counting again)...

During summer holidays I reached 100, and I took a picture of the board (was so proud!). A few weeks ago I was playing on-line, and had made just two big groups (expected 90 something), but the automatic counting gave... 103!!!

I kept a screen capture, of course.

PS: No idea about tips to reach 114...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I got up to 98, but did not break 100 , mainly on-line but also by hand.

Seth - if it is rating a 10 by you, you need to break it our more often. My wife loves this one, just got in 4 games today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Latina Nakita
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I got 96 once, but I very rarely play solo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McInally
Canada
Simcoe (Norfolk)
Ontario
flag msg tools
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning
badge
Rust monsters: separating the wheat from the chaff since 1976.
mbmbmbmbmb
A lowly 92 for me. I consistently score in the 80s.

Buuuuuut, I play fast and loose -- I don't agonize over any plays.

Edit: scored 99 this evening! wee!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.