Rion Hanson
United States
Juneau
AK
flag msg tools
My copy came without the command cards so Ive only played firefight 1. I'm thinking of moving on to the other firefights without any cards. Has anyone tried this? Just curious how much a difference the cards make in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards are an important addition to the game for bluff purposes. If your opponent sees you are out of units to activate and CAP, he can act with impunity unless you have some cards in the hole. Even if the cards will not help in the given situation, your opponent does not know that.

Having said that, the game certainly be played without the cards, it will just be a bit harder (or easier I guess depending on your point of view).

Given your situation, I would certainly try it, just keep some CAP handy to make up for the lack of cards!

Good Luck,
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
You could do it. I wouldn't say the cards are game deciding, though I suppose one last action might make or break....

They are helpful but I think you could certainly play without them. It'll just be that much tougher. Perhaps compensate by giving each side a couple of extra CAPs per turn or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The manual says how many of each card there is I believe. Perhaps just take an old deck of cards and a permanent marker and write on them to make temperoray CoH cards until the real ones come in. That should do just fine in the short term. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rion Hanson
United States
Juneau
AK
flag msg tools
Hey good Idea Ill just make my own cards for the firefight Im going to play. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rion, You are one of two people worldwide without the cards. We shipped you new ones yesterday. blush

Dang, I wish that I could have packed everything myself! But then again, if I had packed them all, I may have made even more mistakes! yuk

Good idea with the cards James.
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.