Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lexingtonian
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In his review Adam Baumeister says the playwright seems a bit underpowered: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/341294. Does anyone else have an opinion of the heroes' balance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hoskins
United States
OKC
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baumeister is off IMO. The Playwright is very good - not obvious or intuitive to use, but very good.

The Playwright wants an item to use craft to fight, easily done. He draws cards twice as often as other players and his ability to use cards with titles in quotes for 3 investigation is simply awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Knight
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about balance but Katarina had a certain symmetry to her...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are pretty well balanced. At least nothing seems broken or overly lame to me. I think if a particular group thought a particular character was over or underpowered, they could play with out him or her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fantastic
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's the same thing we saw with LNoE where different situations come up and different ways of using the abilities will develop within groups of players and everyone thinks someone different is over/under powered until they realize something new about them and we all revel in how fun this game is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Baumeister
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Thats true.... Last game I ended up as the playwright, and pulled the "I Say" and card combo, which is pretty darn sweet... enough to almost make me totally rescind my opinion... He certainly is versatile, and becomes more so as you go through the Events deck.

The reason I still think the playwright is the least of the heroes (not that he downright sucks, just isn't as cool all the time) is that I blew through hordes of investigation making the "I Say" combo work, and it only works as long those cards are in play.

-R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.