If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
A black man rising to the top of the heap, only to have someone try to grease him? Unheard of.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080925/ap_on_re_us/obama_home_a...

Sadly, I was telling my wife the other day that if Obama gets elected we're going to see an assassination attempt or two in his first term. Because we, as a people, have really matured over the last 40 years (this sentence to be read with sarcasm agush). Sounds like some people are extra-motivated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
A black man rising to the top of the heap, only to have someone try to grease him?

God forbid this should happen to Obama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
A black man rising to the top of the heap, only to have someone try to grease him? Unheard of.

Sadly, I was telling my wife the other day that if Obama gets elected we're going to see an assassination attempt or two in his first term. Because we, as a people, have really matured over the last 40 years (this sentence to be read with sarcasm agush). Sounds like some people are extra-motivated.

I have thought the same thing about assassination... there is still a lot of hatred out there. I pray we are wrong.

I wonder if a female president would face that same threat. I'm guessing not because it would be un-chivalrous?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The individual in this news story looks like he could be blacker than Obama.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burzum wrote:

Phew! That's OK then. As long as it's a black dude that kills Obama, I'm cool with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
As long as it's a black dude that kills Obama, I'm cool with it.
So much hate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burzum wrote:
joebelanger wrote:
So much hate.

But not directed where you're thinking...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Burzum wrote:
joebelanger wrote:
So much hate.

He was joking.

As for the story. Blah, blah, blah.

MLK got shot as did JFK. One white, one black. Reagan got shot... hell, now that I think about it... doesn't being President, or a candidate, or in fact, anyone prominent in politics make you a target?

It only matters that Obama is black to people who want to cast non-supporters as bigots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
!
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burzum wrote:

Just how black is Obama anyway, on a scale of 1 to 10?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travistdale wrote:
Burzum wrote:

5, that's what bugs. He's just as white as he is black. It drives me CRAZY when people mention that he will be our first black president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

It only matters that Obama is black to people who want to cast non-supporters as bigots.

Why do you hate Jodie Foster so much DW? What did she ever do to you? I mean she is the perfect specimen, and I love her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been somewhat surprised, but glad, that there haven't been attempts on his life already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
America has come a lot further than people are giving credit. We're portraying a Black man as an elitist for the first time in history. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

Why do you hate Jodie Foster so much DW? What did she ever do to you? I mean she is the perfect specimen, and I love her.

Hate? I love Jodie Foster... ever since the first time I picked her up. She was a 14-year old hooker working outta Times Square and I... wait! That was a movie wasn't it? Arrrrghhh!!! Oh no! Flashback!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
!
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

Who would do such a thing?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/342169

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
!
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:

What drives me CRAZY about that is when people give a crap about a president's race. Talk about racism, it works both ways people.

Yeah, well I would vote for McCain, but I don't trust the Irish, so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travistdale wrote:

Yeah, well I would vote for McCain, but I don't trust the Irish, so...

I am Irish, and I still don't trust them. Crazy bastards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
joebelanger wrote:
travistdale wrote:
Burzum wrote:

5, that's what bugs. He's just as white as he is black. It drives me CRAZY when people mention that he will be our first black president.

What drives me CRAZY about that is when people give a crap about a president's race. Talk about racism, it works both ways people.

Oh, I'm racist. I totally and freely admit it. I've always believed that races exist. I believe in races.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

From the Black philosopher Chris Rock:

"Whatever happened to being just Plain Crazy?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The funny thing to me is that most Dem's feel warm and fuzzy in side because they have the chance to put a black man in the white house. This aside, Republicans have appointed more blacks to a Government position than any other party. It seems that Democrats are more focused on the race of the dude than what he really stands for, unfortunatly most black voters are voting for him because he is black or atleast looks black to them. If someone speaks out against Obama then they are labeled racist. This is really going to turn into a RACE war instead of a Presidential Election - I wouldn't doubt that IF Obama does lose that there will be riots. Then blacks will again accuse whites of being racist and that our society is going back to the 1930's. This could get messy.

To me it doesn't matter what the ethnic background of an individual is, but the policies they support.

That's why I believe Colin Powell would have been a fine President, oh wait he isn't black enough and Condoleezza Rice is a sell out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:

My theory is that if this type of attempt was going to take place it would have been after Obama beat Clinton for the Democratic Nomination. Some of her followers were crazy, and were stating that they wouldn't vote for him because he is black.

Edit** for got to add this link
www.twincities.com/ci_10525670

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Dziuba
United States
Scurry
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jjloc wrote:
This aside, Republicans have appointed more blacks to a Government position than any other party.

Wow, even more amazing when you take into consideration how many different parties have been in power to appoint positions!

[Just an observation, I have not bothered to look into whether this statement is actually true, and to be honest I don't care either way]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick Danger wrote:
jjloc wrote:
This aside, Republicans have appointed more blacks to a Government position than any other party.

Wow, even more amazing when you take into consideration how many different parties have been in power to appoint positions!

[Just an observation, I have not bothered to look into whether this statement is actually true, and to be honest I don't care either way]

Let's give the Clinton Administration credit for appointing Jocelyn Elders to the position of Surgeon General. blush

Gg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
joebelanger wrote:
travistdale wrote:
Burzum wrote:

Oh, I'm racist. I totally and freely admit it. I've always believed that races exist. I believe in races.

My favorite race was when Kenny Roberts brought his road bike out to the Indiana Fairgrounds dirt track and managed to win the feature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.