1 Posts

Memoir '44» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Zappa
United States
flag msg tools
With Dan in town on business, we had the chance to sit down for a quick game. Memoir ’44 was the obvious choice, given the quick playing time of most scenarios. It took about ten minutes to explain the rules and we were ready. We decided to play the first scenario in the book:

Pegasus Bridge: This scenario depicts British paratroopers attempting to capture two key bridges prior to the main amphibious invasion of D-Day. Dan ran the German defenders while I ran the British attackers. Dan decided early on to abandon the bridge on his left flank and concentrate on defending the bridge on the right. I had little difficulty then in overrunning the first bridge, but the second was another story. I decided there was no use in playing cute, so I ran my guys right into the wire in preparation for close assaulting the German defenders. There was much blood spilled at close quarters, but my troopers got the better of it (barely) and I came away with a 4-1 victory (I had a number of my units down to 25% strength). Dan definitely liked the game and we are now conspiring to play this game long distance.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.