James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I pay APs to place a landmine, do I have to place it within 1 hex of the unit that paid the APs, or can I still place it within 1 hex of any of my units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Betts
England
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Q...

The card / rules talk about 'any unhit unit'... but it would be very odd to pay AP with one unit and have another lay the landmine (there are a few other cards with similar wordings too). I would think that the intent was to limit the units that could spend 2AP to use the cards to those that are unhit and not in CC (and of course activated !).

Obviously CAPS is another Q and could be spent on any unit so that makes sense.

I expect Uwe will clear it up pretty quickly !

Will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
On the top of page 11, above the cards it states that cards paid for with APs must be played on the active unit or group that paid for it. If you pay with CAPs, any unit not in CC can place the mine.
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Uwe! I was just looking at a picture of the card here on BGG and it had me wondering... didn't have the rules in front of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Betts
England
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, found it, placement in the rules is a bit odd though .... shouldn't it be mentioned somewhere in Rule 8.0 for clarity ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.