Recommend
26 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: Easier Play Logging for Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Williams
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How about when I log a play for a game with expansions checkboxes are added to the submission form for each expansion so that I can use all the same play info for the base game and each expansion?
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great suggestion. It's been brought up several times before. So far nothing has been done about it.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been using the comment section to record which expansions I have been using, but check boxes would be much easier.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
While it's a great idea, right now the system doesn't know which games are expansions to which other games. This has been updated for many games by the Adminions, but it still isn't a database link, just wiki.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Williams
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like a fixable problem. I imagine it wouldn't take that long for the users here to submit games as expansions for approval by the moderators once it was possible.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fargus9 wrote:
That sounds like a fixable problem. I imagine it wouldn't take that long for the users here to submit games as expansions for approval by the moderators once it was possible.

Fixable yes, if the coding was done. Which there are 101 things on Aldie and Derk's list to code. I'm not saying it isn't good to suggest it, just pointing out what is standing in the way.

Personally, I'd like to see it happen.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Williams
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh sure, I'm sure there are more important things to do. I'd be thrilled if it made the list of things to get done sometime in the next six months.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fargus9 wrote:
Oh sure, I'm sure there are more important things to do. I'd be thrilled if it made the list of things to get done sometime in the next six months.
Listen to the Garrett's Games and Geekiness episode 131, Aldie talks about some changes coming down the pipeline. One of which sounds like games will be able to put into families, which would tie all the Carcassonne's together, so that would move the site towards what your asking for.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Williams
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! I think that's the next episode I have to listen to. I'm so far behind...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
spearjr wrote:
Listen to the Garrett's Games and Geekiness episode 131, Aldie talks about some changes coming down the pipeline. One of which sounds like games will be able to put into families, which would tie all the Carcassonne's together, so that would move the site towards what your asking for.

That would be excellent! HeroScape, Universal Fighting System, and many others would benefit from something like this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Williams
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All right, expansions are linked to games now how about linked plays?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kat costa
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
badge
Yup.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fargus9 wrote:
How about when I log a play for a game with expansions checkboxes are added to the submission form for each expansion so that I can use all the same play info for the base game and each expansion?


Over 5 years after you asked for it...




Just bear in mind that the implementation is not official. You can see how to do it here and track updates here.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.