Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Reynolds
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What card sleeves are you guys using for CoH? I know these things are going to get abused, and I was to rescue them early. The sleeves I have are too wide for the cards, so I need an alternative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to be an odd size...I'm using some penny sleeves that I ordered through a user here on BGG (changulee) via a Korean online store (he speaks Korean and has some relatives over there). The size was 61mm X 95mm and they fit pretty well...they also sell 60mm X 95mm and I think they might be an even better fit. He (changulee) is preparing to make another order from there in the near future...there's more about it on this thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/321980/page/1

Hope this helps...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
badge
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved with ultra pro common size and it's little bit large anyway perfect to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Reynolds
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, some things about sleeves I have noticed:

1) If the sleeves are too wide or too long the cards won't shuffle well. Now in the case of cards so small (like ticket to ride) that sleeves are totally unlikely, you can use the penny sleeves and then fold them over and tape them down. It isn't perfect, but they do shuffle with some care.

2) Penny sleeves don't help with card bending, which is the second most likely type of permanent, game affecting, card damage that might occur (transfer of materials from fingers to cards being the most likely). I have to ask, why the hell do game players always want to eat cheetos or doritos when they play games? Personally, I reserve an "eating period" to prevent from having this crud on the table, and I ask people to wash their hands before returning to the game. If they don't like it, then we use their gaming stuff or I don't play.

3) The non-penny sleeves (like the ultra pro type) add significant width to the cards (sometimes up to double), so the stack becomes somewhat unwieldy. With a single card deck (close with 56 cards here), it isn't as big of a deal. Sometimes you also have problems fitting sleeved cards back into the original box. This may or may not be an issue with CoH. There really isn't much space in there, especially if you throw the swamp board in, as I have.

4) I am a tuckbox fan because it helps prevent damage to my cards due to storage, and prevents me from having to reassemble the deck due to box movement. Unfortunately, its rare that I find a tuckbox design that accounts for card sleeves. I don't have graphic design time or skill to build a better tuckbox, so I kinda get left out in the wind. You can, however just use two tuckboxes per deck, but if it isn't the correct width, damage can occur.

I wouldn't mind ordered a few from the korean place as long as the experience was good for those involved in the last order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
presence wrote:
I have to ask, why the hell do game players always want to eat cheetos or doritos when they play games? Personally, I reserve an "eating period" to prevent from having this crud on the table, and I ask people to wash their hands before returning to the game. If they don't like it, then we use their gaming stuff or I don't play.

I completely agree. I just try to have candy as the snack of choice, as it's not greasy and doesn't wreck the game components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
presence wrote:
What card sleeves are you guys using for CoH? I know these things are going to get abused, and I was to rescue them early. The sleeves I have are too wide for the cards, so I need an alternative.

Yu-gi-oh sized card sleeves work great. Just run a search on Ebay. I've used these for War of the Ring, Down in Flames, and Up Front to good effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the Korean 60x95mm card sleeves as they are the closest match. The width is fine but since CoH cards are 58x90mm i used a steel ruler and x-acto knife to cut 3mm from the top of each sleeve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.