Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Drabek
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the best dream last night and thought I'd share it with everyone. In the dream a friend and I were on a business trip and had just checked in to our hotel in anywhere U.S.A. My friend decided to take a nap so I went for a walk. As I left the hotel I saw a game shop across the street, at least the back of one. The window was a little hard to see through but I could see some games in there. Time to go check it out.

I walked around to the front of the store went in and was immediately greeted by the owner Jay Tummelson (spelling?)! As I began to look around the store kept getting bigger and bigger. The floor was now comfortably carpeted, there were huge reclining lounge chair everywhere and free internet ready computers so that one could check out their possible purchases on the Geek before buying. All around me were stacks and stacks of board games. Any game that you could possibly think of was there, mint in shrink wrap and selling for retail. There were foreign games, out of print games, hard to find and games that were not even supposed to be finished yet were already for sale! I remember looking at a stack of Agricola at least 30 feet high. I looked in my wallet and I had a $1000 to spend - fantastic!

A uniformed girl came up to me wearing a headset with a microphone like at Old Navy. She asked me if I'd like a coffee or snack while I'm looking around. Cool. I went to the back of the store and walked into a huuuuge food court area that had every type of food court stand one could imagine. At the tables in front of the food court hundreds of players were playing board games on gigantic, beautiful mahogany tables.

I went back into the store proper and was going aisle by aisle looking at the tens of thousands of games for sale. A band was playing music on a stage in the background as I looked through the the stacks of BGG and gaming related shirts, cups, posters, etc. section. Another uniformed girl like the one before came up to me and told me that my room was ready upstairs. The last thought that I had before the alarm went off this morning was, I'm moving to this town as quickly as I can! Damn alarm!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And paragraph breaks are a nightmare?

But seriously, you could have close to this experience at BGG.Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite my view but a cool dream, nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

You woke up right before you and the girl went up to the room together? Too bad.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Drabek
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea but this wasn't a convention. This was what the store would be like ALL the time. Everyday. I edited the paragraph breaks in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
selling for retail

Ack! I guess the thousand dollars in your wallet takes away the sting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know. My dream FLGS involves a full bar and lap dances ...

briand72us wrote:
I edited the paragraph breaks in.

You did?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
briand72us wrote:
I had the best dream last night and thought I'd share it with everyone. . . .

Maybe in the future, you should avoid eating Mexican food so close to bedtime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Herbst
United States
Sayville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You had me until "selling for retail."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My dream FLGS is in the basement of a business park. They have a bunch of good games at 20-30 percent off. You can rent games for 10 percent of the retail cost and then when you return them you can apply the rental fee to anything in the store. I complained mildly once about having rented about eight games and they gave me a gift certificate that I used to defray the cost of Conflict of Heroes ($58). Although their space is cramped, they hold game nights every Wednesday. When I go there I meet other gamers in the valley I didn't know.

The best part is I'm not dreaming! And I have the depleted bank account to prove it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.