Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! – Russia 1941-42» Forums » Rules

Subject: Starting Location - Firefight 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jody
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
sometimes i think people let me win just so they can hear my lengthy victory speeches
mb
Ok, i went through, and didn't see this asked anywhere that i could see.

a)
The rules say early on full hexes only are playable, but the firefight rules say the germans set up on the -edge-,( as well as the russian replacement)

So, do the Germans set up, say, at G01 and are targetable if the russians can get the initiative and find a clear in range LOS ?

Not a big deal, but 1hex can make the difference at getting to a good secure spot!

b)
are pieces always set oriented at the start of the game the way they are in the firefight map?

p.s. I've went through one firefight test sampler; german unit moves beside a russian, russian caps with +2 cap modifier.. snakeeyes. the germans laugh and retaliate...+2 cap modifier...snakeeyes!
were blanks invented by this time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koens
United States
Watsonville
California
flag msg tools
badge
marks the spot.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
a)
The rules say early on full hexes only are playable, but the firefight rules say the germans set up on the -edge-,( as well as the russian replacement)

So, do the Germans set up, say, at G01 and are targetable if the russians can get the initiative and find a clear in range LOS ?

Not a big deal, but 1hex can make the difference at getting to a good secure spot!

No, the units are off map until they enter and have no effect on play until then. The shaded regions in the picture are just for reference; the exact entry locations are printed near the units in the unit manifest.

Not sure about b.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
sometimes i think people let me win just so they can hear my lengthy victory speeches
mb
Ok, i used the play-by-play example of turn 1, which solves it quite well. thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.