Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all I would like to say that the simulation is very well done. Great game and tactically plenty of options.

Some questions after first Stage:

1. Confirm that always the "pelotón" moves with the dice and have no benefits for free movement of the terrain is is or penalties for the Mountain Climb Category of the mountain terrain.

2. A rider is forced always to move with energy spending or he can just move without spending energy?

3. When a rider ends it energy points does he still moves but only based upon the free movement or is he out of the race?

4. Does a man who benefits of "slipstreaming" moves the additional space despite he has no more energy points?. Is "slipstreaming" free movement always free despite the spending of energy?.

5. Please clarify the sequence of "Feed Zone" (Last sentence in C.4 "Attention...." in this case: White runner, White runner, blue Runner and White Runner, Red runner crossing the line in this sequence. Who will take Feed and who do not?.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano Occhipinti
Italy
CHIAVARI (GE)
flag msg tools
mbmb
Try to answer:

1) Peloton moves with the dice only (with a +1 when pursuiting)
2) Rider can move with or without energy spending: it just move at its base speed ( see free movements table)
3) Free movement speed - I'd think.
4) I'd think he can slipstream without energy. And if he decide to not advance the additional slipstreamed step, he gains one energy point.
5) Every player crossing the feed line take the feed.
Rules says only that if you forget to take your feed, you cannot claim it after the next player has moved.

Some rules modifications or variations could be done on that game but I'd think its mechanics is rather strong.
I'd like to read other players comments.

Max
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian lecuyot
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxocchi wrote:
Try to answer:
1) Peloton moves with the dice only (with a +1 when pursuiting)

Yes and + 1 when there is nobody in the peloton. The peloton is slower in mountain because it has to take the longest paths.
maxocchi wrote:

2) Rider can move with or without energy spending: it just move at its base speed ( see free movements table)

yes.
maxocchi wrote:

3) Free movement speed - I'd think.

Yes.
maxocchi wrote:

4) I'd think he can slipstream without energy. And if he decide to not advance the additional slipstreamed step, he gains one energy point.

Exactly.
maxocchi wrote:

5) Every player crossing the feed line take the feed.
Rules says only that if you forget to take your feed, you cannot claim it after the next player has moved.

Yes.
maxocchi wrote:

Some rules modifications or variations could be done on that game but I'd think its mechanics is rather strong.
I'd like to read other players comments.

I played twice this game until now. Once in solo and once with 2 players. Its a very good game. It gives great simulation feeelings with very simple rules. And for once its not a race game only based on chance ! Excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And one more question after 3 games....

I've seen that the final segment of the road (Last 2 or 3 tiles) determine who is going to win the race. Have you seen that?.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian lecuyot
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crusher100 wrote:

I've seen that the final segment of the road (Last 2 or 3 tiles) determine who is going to win the race. Have you seen that?.

It is sure that the final shape of the race is relevant for the type of racer who is going to win. But not only, the global shape is important too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Pierobon
Germany
Bad Tölz
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crusher100 wrote:

I'd say so if the last 3 tiles are all plains or all mountains, I'm not so sure with 2 tiles of the same type, definitely not with 1 tile only.

That is quite reasonable and goes with the simulation... think that 1 tile is aboun 15/20 km... it's quite difficult for a climber to survive alone for 40/50 kms evena after some long climbs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano Occhipinti
Italy
CHIAVARI (GE)
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sure - if you spend all the energy in the previous parts of the race, the final kms are decisive.
The cycling race (and then this cycling race simulation) is a game of strategy and not only of power.
You have to distribute your energy on a race long (and on a tour long in multi-stage race) to win.
You cannot go out of the pack from the early part of the race and hope to win. You will not.
And you cannot win all the stages in a tour. You have to choose which stages are "hot" and preserve some energy in flat or short stages.
Remember to preserve some energy in stages that precedes time trial stages and do not use too much energy to win a stage when you simply could control the race and the other team leaders.
And not to forget to use your teamates to being in the final part of the race in a position to win without having spent all of your energy!
Use slipstreaming!

One note on designated leaders:
the leader of the team must be the one with more chance to win (and not the yellow base rider)
In a single race game (a classic) you can choose as a leader the one who is more suited to the altimetry - sure in a Paris-Tours or a Gand-Wevelgem or Paris-Roubaix the best choise is the rouleur (maybe with sprinter skill), and for a Fleche Wallone or a Tour of Lombardie will be the climber (maybe with downhill skill value) but for a long tour, such as a Tour de France or Italie, the choise is harder.
With 4-5 mountain stages tour I prefer my leader is a climber - but only if the (2) time trial stages are not full flat (110-120 km of flat ITT stages are hard to be balanced with only some mountain stages).
Any leader you choose, you have to use your team effort to let him win the overall race.

M*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.