Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This morning my wife comes bursting from our room saying "I did something bad! I did something bad! I did something bad!". After repeating this about 50 times, she told me she dumped her coffee all over her brand-new Power Book. Not just a cup--she drinks from a cup that can hold about two pots. For the next hour, she bemoaned about being a "bad laptop mommy". Currently, we're drying it out over paper towels and hope it will live.

Fast forward a few hours. My wife comes back from the laundry room saying it's a bad day for electronics for us, then asked me what did I forget to take out of my pockets. I imagine the worst--I killed my iPod. Nope, it was my cell phone. I laughed about that--I hate phones anyway. Of course, she reminded me if I get a new one, I'll have to manually input all the numbers again. It's currently drying over a fan with hopes it'll live again. I mean, it was only in the washing machine for 44 minutes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's any consolation, even if you can't get the computer working again, there's a good chance the hard drive is ok. So you might be able to get the data off at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.