Popular Tags: ZimP [+] [View All]
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This afternoon I was walking the kids through a game each of ZIMP. For tokens they were using a couple of plastic minis for the scooby gang and that got me thinking that surely this game could be adapted to use the Scooby Gang.

Lets see, find the clue, then chase down the cuplit. Perhaps a special cowering rule for Shaggy and Scooby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Freddy- Brawny: +1 Attack
Daphne- Quick: May flee 2 tiles
Velma- Smart: Only takes 1 card to find or bury the totem
Shaggy- Lucky: Only 2 zombies break through the wall when there are no doors
Scooby- Cowardly: Cowering returns you to 6 health.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm back from vacation.

This is a fun-tastic idea. I love it. Seriously, this could be a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you'd have to do away with the actual fighting and use another thematic idea, perhaps instead of health using a Bravery score.

Instead of zombies you could use the various classic scooby monsters which effect the Bravery of our intrepid heros.

If we are using Bravery instead of health then the Items have to improve your bravery, I suppose clues could do that because each one reduces your belief in the monster...

Running away could this be renamed to the "Escaping while disguiesed as Hairdressers/Waiters"?

Cowering ... Scooby snack anyone?

I'm thinking that rather than starting in a house, a creepy mansion might be better.

I also like the idea of the final ( graveyard ) tile being one of Freds traps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
Game Artisans of Canada Member
badge
My Best Bud Parker 2004-2016
mbmbmbmbmb
*HILARIOUS*

There should be a rule where everyone can exit a room from one side of the house and then re-enter from a completely different side. You can only do this with the groovy spooky chase tune card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnySchmaser wrote:
There should be a rule where everyone can exit a room from one side of the house and then re-enter from a completely different side. You can only do this with the groovy spooky chase tune card.

The perfect blend of theme and rules ( apart from Dune of course which has to be ... perfecter )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.