Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
At present, I visit three forums for information on ASL.

I rank them as follows:

#1: Game Squad Forums... plenty of posts, good forum structure, and designer interaction.

#2: BoardGameGeek Forums... moderate number of posts and good forum structure, although little designer interaction.

#3: ConSimWorld forums... moderate number of posts and unbelievably awful forum structure, although good designer interaction

CSW, for terms of ASL content, has been quite disappointing for the short time I've been a member. There's much, much more going on at GS, and BGG is also pretty good (and I think the ASL players who are here are a nice bunch as well).

Cheers,
Merric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Reynolds
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent a few days on CSW, and honestly, I just can't waste time there anymore. Its so non-intuitive for me I get frustrated far before I find what I want. I'll stick to BGG and look at GameSquad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Consimworld can be a pain, no question. Unfortunately, it's about the ONLY place where there is any Lock n Load traffic, so I do go there every couple of days.

Gamesquad isn't bad for ASL, they do have a fair amount of interest, and some of the pretty well known players post there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSW has a ton of off-topic chatter in general, but the ASL folder really takes the cake there. It's just about completely useless. I haven't been playing much ASL lately and thus haven't been following the forums apart from the ones here, but GS seems to be more on-topic than it used to be. Certainly that's the place I would go to ask serious rules questions. Mark Pitcavage's (Pitman's) forums at Desperation Morale are also well worth checking out...

http://www.desperationmorale.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Id stick with here

GS got me so mad I ended up deleting my bookmark, and CSW has too much noise to signal ratio for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lucey
United States
Ellington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamesquad had a civil war of sorts and now appears to have settled down. It's pretty quiet, I don't see nearly the flamewars I used to. There was a time last year where just about every thread burst into an all out flamewar.

Its almost too quiet in the main forums, but the info and rules help are outstanding still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went back to Gamesquad 2 days ago, and they seem to have changed a lot ( for the better)

time will tell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.