Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just stumbled upon Zuntzu yesterday. Zuntzu appears to be visually solid Online Boardgaming Platform where many euros and wargames can be played in realtime (I was excited at playing El Grande and Goa, for example).

It appears one needs to download a software from Microsoft, but only if you're a "Genuine Microsoft Software" owner, which I'm not (I think). In trying to figure out the technical issues in order to start playing on Zuntzu, questions popped in my head: Is it used much? Can one find opponents easily? Is it easy to use? Is it worth my time and effort?

Can anyone give me some opinions on Zuntzu?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's some info on ZunTzu on the following pages of BGG:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/ZunTzu

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/29032

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/339200/page/1

One option would be to post to the game forum of one of the games in the GeekList above, and see if you can find someone who has ZunTzu experience who also wants an opponent.

You could also check out the ZunTzu forum at their site:
http://www.zuntzu.com/forum/index.php

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It is Windows only. That prevents any interest I might have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My father and I will play 1960 MotP there. It's a pretty good interface for that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Diel
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Why do Macs always get discrimihated on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
prretender wrote:
Why do Macs always get discriminated on?
It is as simple as when you are doing a project for fun, you write the code in whatever you know and are comfortable with. Sometimes that means that Macs get left in the cold. (Unless the mac user is willing to use an emulator.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
prretender wrote:
Why do Macs always get discrimihated on?

As of the writing of this post, according to Wikipedia (see the Comparison of operating systems article) Microsoft Windows has a little over 90% of the market share for desktop operating systems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron K
United States
jamesville
New York
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="Train Game anyone?
badge
Train Game anyone?
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the .net framework is what triggers the genuine windows check. You might find it elsewhere but the better question is if you prefer not to pay for software you use, why advertise that fact?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
RaDiKal wrote:
I believe the .net framework is what triggers the genuine windows check. You might find it elsewhere but the better question is if you prefer not to pay for software you use, why advertise that fact?

Because I haven't paid for any software in almost 15 years and haven't been asked to? My computers, home and work, have been 100% open source since the mid 1990s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Im not sure why but I can't get Zuntzu to work on my computer.I use Vassal and Cyberboard daily with no problems at all.Its probably me but while I can get Zuntzu everytime I try to start up a game it says theres a bug.I use FF Windows Vista.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron K
United States
jamesville
New York
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="Train Game anyone?
badge
Train Game anyone?
mbmbmbmbmb
billyboy wrote:
Im not sure why but I can't get Zuntzu to work on my computer.I use Vassal and Cyberboard daily with no problems at all.Its probably me but while I can get Zuntzu everytime I try to start up a game it says theres a bug.I use FF Windows Vista.

Try patching your .net framework - I had this issue with one of my XP machines - search for .net framework at www.microsft.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.