Rome: Imperium, Circus Maximus, Hannibal vs Rome» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Degann
United States
United States
flag msg tools
This is an old "New Game in Old Rome" resurrected by GMT. In its blazing simplicity and gamesmanship, it screams "Old Knizia".

Each player has 3 chariots that he must advance around an oval race track made up of hexagons, and be the first to complete a lap with all 3. Movement has no luck. A player has 5 cards, numbered 1-5, and when it his turn to move (because it is his chariot that is next from the front of the pack) he assigns up to three of the cards to movement. Each card must be used as a unit, in a straight line. So the game is all about blocking and staying on the inside.

Alan is a good player, and this is his game, so I was a little wary about not always taking his advice, but I started on a path that was designed to give me maximum flexibility over ability to block. I was also very lucky in being able to hew very close to the center on the turns - a tactic which I think others didn't fully appreciate. I was one of the last players to get my first chariot home, but I was easily the first to get my third chariot home, which is what it's all about.

Not enormous variety in this game, but a good 30 minute upper-lightweight filler, which is why I played it. I was lining up my eggs for the main event.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.