7 Posts

Fury of Dracula (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do Hunters Fight Dracula when they end in his city? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am 98% positive the answer to this is yes, the hunter encounters Dracula, but unless I missed it, the rules do not seem to expressly state what happens when a hunter ends in the city Dracula is in.

There are rules that describe hunters facing encounters in the city they are in, and one rule that talks about having to defeat minions before getting to Dracula, but nothing (that I saw, again, in a quick look last night) that describes what happens straight up when a hunter enters the city where Dracula is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First the hunter(s) must deal with any encounters that are in the city, then if they are still in the city and the encounter(s) have not ended their turn, they must encounter Dracula himself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hinsdale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the middle of the first page, almost casually, the rules state:

"On a Hunter's turn, he may first move to a new location ... If Dracula is in the location, the Hunter must battle the Count."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fastspinecho wrote:

"On a Hunter's turn, he may first move to a new location ... If Dracula is in the location, the Hunter must battle the Count."

Huh, I never thought to scan the overview for the rule, and looked in the detailed substantive rules instead.

Good work, thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
fastspinecho wrote:

Yup, I had this question a while back. Spent quite a while looking for the rule in the "right" places -- under Hunter Combat, Dracula Combat, etc. Nope, turns out that it is mentioned only in the turn summary!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
First the hunter(s) must deal with any encounters that are in the city, then if they are still in the city and the encounter(s) have not ended their turn, they must encounter Dracula himself.

Hey, Sly. Awesome game, isn't it?

That's why when I am playing HIM and have Hunters on my heels I play Fog and Bats as much as I can. Totally trips up those silly mortals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Natus wrote:
DaveD wrote:

Hey, Sly. Awesome game, isn't it?

That's why when I am playing HIM and have Hunters on my heels I play Fog and Bats as much as I can. Totally trips up those silly mortals.

Oh yeah, it's a great game (as much as I can say that while being in the middle of the first play). Playing against my wife - bit poor Mina during the first night phase. 2 points, Vampire Team. Hooray!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.