Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Agricola» Forums » General

Subject: Revised edition of Agricola expected soon in view of number of errors? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In view of the number of errors in the English edition of Agricola (see here), will a revised edition be printed in the near future? Or would buyers who would wait for such an edition end up waiting for a very long time or perhaps forever?
Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The only card I know of which has a gameplay changing error is in the Z deck, and therefore inconsequential. The other errors are minor spelling and grammar based.

That said, the last time I checked, the second printing (imminent) is to have zero changes and the third printing (available in december?) may have "fixes".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
The only card I know of which has a gameplay changing error is in the Z deck, and therefore inconsequential. The other errors are minor spelling and grammar based.

No. There are several other cards from the other decks that have significant errors.

Off the top of my head, Swineheard, has the exact text of another occupation (I think it's the Stablehand?).

There are others as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
dcorban wrote:
The only card I know of which has a gameplay changing error is in the Z deck, and therefore inconsequential. The other errors are minor spelling and grammar based.

No. There are several other cards from the other decks that have significant errors.

Off the top of my head, Swineheard, has the exact text of another occupation (I think it's the Stablehand?).

There are others as well.


The Swineherd card is the worst mistake. Perhaps they could offer a replacement card for it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HappyProle wrote:
Desiderata wrote:
dcorban wrote:
The only card I know of which has a gameplay changing error is in the Z deck, and therefore inconsequential. The other errors are minor spelling and grammar based.

No. There are several other cards from the other decks that have significant errors.

Off the top of my head, Swineheard, has the exact text of another occupation (I think it's the Stablehand?).

There are others as well.


The Swineherd card is the worst mistake. Perhaps they could offer a replacement card for it?


That would be sweet, but I doubt it (although you never do know with Z-Man's awesome customer service).

I know the second printing is a straight reprint and I doubt there will be any information on the third print until the second one is done.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I missed the Swineherd thing. I have only played with the I deck maybe three times.

I went through the list of errors and came up with three that affect gameplay.

Swineherd: complete text change "when you use the 1 boar action, take an additional boar"

Moldboard Plow: "Twice" instead of "Once"

Animal Yard (which is not a complete error, just slightly bad wording): "Hold" instead of "Place"

I went through and made the fixes with a sharpie. I couldn't imagine doing this to any other game of mine, but for some reason I don't give a shit about the condition of this particular game. Assuming the game holds up over time, which it is honestly faltering right now after 40 plays, I could see myself buying a fixed edition or a new card pack.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Moldboard Plow is official errata? I heard there were only 3 cards that were officially changed, and that one wasn't on the list I got.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bracey
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moldboard plough is at the very top of the "known errors" thread, confirmed by Melissa.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/326815
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In view of the limited number of errors, I would NOT expect a revised edition soon.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Assuming the game holds up over time, which it is honestly faltering right now after 40 plays, I could see myself buying a fixed edition or a new card pack.
40 plays isn't holding up over time? I have less than a dozen 20 games I've played that many times. (And that includes internet gaming.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin Bracey wrote:
Moldboard plough is at the very top of the "known errors" thread, confirmed by Melissa.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/326815



Is Melissa the designer?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rogeracox wrote:
Kevin Bracey wrote:
Moldboard plough is at the very top of the "known errors" thread, confirmed by Melissa.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/326815


Is Melissa the designer?

No, but she was the translator for the publisher. Most people take her word as good as the publisher or the designer regarding Agricola.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah--I see. Well, that's good enough for me
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible for us to get replacement cards with the corrections? I'll pay for them if I must but I would rather play with the corrected cards and not have to sharpie it out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Phillips
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rappak wrote:
Is it possible for us to get replacement cards with the corrections? I'll pay for them if I must but I would rather play with the corrected cards and not have to sharpie it out.


I'd be up for that too!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndyP123 wrote:
Rappak wrote:
Is it possible for us to get replacement cards with the corrections? I'll pay for them if I must but I would rather play with the corrected cards and not have to sharpie it out.


I'd be up for that too!



As would I.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappak wrote:
Is it possible for us to get replacement cards with the corrections? I'll pay for them if I must but I would rather play with the corrected cards and not have to sharpie it out.

I can see it now. Zev will come out with a special package containing five revised cards and a set of animeeples, and sell it for $100.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:
Rappak wrote:
Is it possible for us to get replacement cards with the corrections? I'll pay for them if I must but I would rather play with the corrected cards and not have to sharpie it out.

I can see it now. Zev will come out with a special package containing five revised cards and a set of animeeples, and sell it for $100.


I don't know Zev personally, but in our e-mails he doesn't seem the kind who would charge such an exorbitant price. But I agree that the company that produced the game is responsible for fixing their mistakes and sending said fix to its customers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rogeracox wrote:
Barticus88 wrote:
I can see it now. Zev will come out with a special package containing five revised cards and a set of animeeples, and sell it for $100.

I don't know Zev personally, but in our e-mails he doesn't seem the kind who would charge such an exorbitant price.

No he won't. Zev is pretty good to his customers. But it looks like he will self righteously refuse to sell animeeples and let Mayfair take his customers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
He is just doing what his "customers" want. They bitched about their "animeeples" not being "exclusive" like he "promised", so as to maintain their preorder "value".
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.