Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read almost all the thread on BGG regarding variants. I made a selection of variants instead of trying to design my own. There is just a few variants I have designed which are based on other variants. They will be marked with New. There is 1 totally new variant which will be marked as Completely new and explained at the bottom.

General
- Great temple: Count as 2 buildings when trying to destroy.

- Start the game with 2 house and 2 villager. (PC variant)

- new Random victory cube placement. Roll a die to determine where to place the cube: 2,3,4,5 indicate to place a cube on card 1,2,3,4. When Rolling 1 you place a cube on the card with the less amount of cubes. When Rolling 6 you place cubes on the card with the most amount of cubes. (easier by rolling dice)

- new Favor trade: You can trade only 1 VP cube per trade card and you must take it from a victory card. (I want the game to last 10 turns, stealing cubes from victory is the only way to influence it)

- Age specific combat units as listed in PC game variant.

- Supply: each house support 1 villager and 4 units.(following PC variant)

- new Gods Power: Players take all the gods token/cards. Each of these gods are one time use. When changing age, you lose all your unused god cards and get 3 new ones. (Gives a reason not to change age, does not remove favor cubes from the game's economy)

Battle
- Ties makes both units withdraw from the battle ( using only 6 to hit increase the occurence to happen)

- When dueling, both players draw a card randomly from your opponent's deck and resolve battle. (prevent min maxing bonus)

- Completely new: Defender separate their army between the city, land and cube reserve, attacker select a target to attack. (more details below).

Scoring
- If both player ties for a victory card, split the cubes evenly (makes sure all VP cubes are used except maybe wonder).

- New Most battle won: Get a token each time you win a battle. The player with the most battle won wins the "last battle won" reward. (add symmetry to the victory conditions)

- New largest army: Units are worth: 1 for mortal, 2 for myth, heroes are worth 2,3,4 according to their age. (to balance unit cost/strength)

- First player get 2/3 of the cubes + extra, 2nd player get 1/3 of the cubes. (create closer VP scores)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The variant which is completely new is this one. The objectives are:

- Make high attack cards worthy.
- Remove the step where you must chose units hidden.

The rules are simple

- Player decide to attack by playing a card but does not call the location but he create his army.

- defender distribute his troop among the 3 place to defend : city, land or cube reserve. He his not forced to assign all his troops.

- the attacker choose which area he wants to attack. A battle takes place between the attacker and the army in the attacked location.

So what do you think. I really want more comments about the last rules explained in details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game works fine as is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.