Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To start off I will say that I bought this game at a local Toys R Us, probably 5 or 6 years ago. This game was the one that got me into boardgaming.

Yes I owned chess and monopoly, but I only played those games once every now and again. I bought this game and played the crap out of it!
It set me on the path of buying exciting games which I would play again and again.

The other games I had bought put this one on the shelf and it was not looked at again for a few years until tonight.

Tonight I opened the box and remembered that when I first opened the game from its shrink wrap I had somehow received an extra pack of cards, so I have 62 cards for 4 of the character groups!
Has this happened to anyone else?

Anyway my wife wanted to play with Han Solo and his sidekick Chewbacca, while I was Darth Maul and 2 crappy battle droids.

I rolled the high number and went 1st, so Darth Maul ran behind Jango Fetts ship to hide and draw much needed cards, leaving the 2 battle droids to fend for themself.

Melissa (my wife) shot at a battle droid killing it insantly with her first action then decided to draw a card with her second action.

Me being the coward that I am decided to still hide and draw more cards but I also moved my last battle droid so that he was'nt in line of fire from her characters

To bad for me because I could not move him far enough away and he was disposed of quickly by 2 attacks, 1 from Han and 1 from Chewbacca.
This left Melissa with not many cards and I saw my chance to fight back.

I stayed still and decided to draw more cards which worked well with my plan as she split Han and Chewbacca up to circle around Jango's ship, she also decided on drawing more cards.

To bad for her as I decided on attacking Chewbacca 1st, which was a good choice as she had no cards for him, I used a Super Sith Speed and a Sith Speed plus 2 normal attacks to get rid of him.
Next came Han and he shot me badly putting Darth Maul near deaths door,
But I had the cards going for me and I used another Sith Speed and 1 normal attack to lower Hans health right down, Melissa's eyes met with mine and she knew what I was doing next, I played Athletic Surge for 8 points of damage to slice Han Solo in two.

Han and Chewbacca nearly saved the day for the good side but were defeated by a coward who decided to hide and then fight instead of showing some guts!

But a win is a win in my book and it doesn't matter how the win was achieved!

Playing this game after such a long absense, I am sure it will be played again in a couple days, not years because I now remember how good and simple it isdevil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this at a thrift store a while back, and I've been eager to play it. Nice article! Really makes me want to drag it out and give it a go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grats. lol, better be sure ur wife aint mad, haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh fun report!

And I agree with Moonsylver
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.