Popular Tags: [View All]
Angela Kincaid
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
After a while, we decided to play something a bit more serious as well, and we got out Acquire. Acquire is one of those games which has garnered more ink on spielfrieks than I think any other. Open holdings or Closed? New version or old version? This or that? Hotels or corporations?

I have the new version, corporations. I’ve had it a year or more (more, I’m sure), but the bits and everything were still all in their separate little baggies. So we had to do some sorting. I am really surprised at how simple the game is, considering all the ink it has gotten.

Because it was the first time for most of us, we played with open holdings. Peter did some back seat quarterbacking with Alyssa, giving her a great start. I was collecting the purple cards (phoenix?), Steve was collecting the turquoise cards (quantum?), and everyone else was pretty piecemeal. I’d say we figured out what was going on about halfway through the game (simple rules, but still need to see it in action). With open holdings, I have to say this game is strongly reminiscent of Union Pacific. Heresy, I know, it should be the other way around. But I've been playing UP for a looong time, this was my first go with Acquire.

Acquire results:
Dave: $28K
Steve: $36.4K
Fred: $21.2K
Alyssa: $21.6K
Angela : $34.6K
Shane: $25.6K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.