Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony M
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Constantinople & Bursa become Allied control, does that essentially cut supply to ALL CP spaces in the Near East ? (Barring Medina, which supplies itself and only itself ?)

Sea supply is out, as only the allies can use the NE port, and I dont see any other supply routes into the country....

And a second question re the near east. While Turkey is Neutral, where can the AP player move units to in the near east ? Britain starts with 3 corps there, and I'm wondering what other spaces are open to the AP prior to TU entering the war.

Thanks,
-T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if the Allies take Constantinople, they basically win the game.

The only thing the Brits can do in the NE before Turkey enters is add RPs to the weakened corps that start there. That's basically it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony M
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply. I'd like to inquire more about the NE before Turkey's entry to the war.

Its a bit confusing because Libya, Egpyt and Arabia all seem to fall within Turkey's boundaries and have BR corps stationed at the beginning of the game. Also, Persia is neutral at the beginning, but there is the AP corps in Basra.

Also, the FAQ states that BR may begin SRing additional corps to the near east prior to turkish entry.

So:

Q1: I am assuming that BR may SR corps in Egypt prior to TU entry, using Alexandria and Port Said as ports ?

Q2: I am assuming the BR troops in Egypt cannot take a movement action out of Egypt via Libya or Sinai before turkish entry ?

Q3: I am assuming BR may SR corps to Basra, but the rest of Persia and Arabia is off limits until TU entry, meaning corps in Basra cant move to/through Ahwaz/Qurna prior to turkey entering ?

Q4: Russian troops in the NE cannot cross the russian border into turkey or persia before turkish entry.

Q5: Since CP cannot use Sea-SR to the near east, there is no way for the CP to get corps to the near east prior to turkish entry.

Yes, I realize that most of these questions are very nit-picky, and largely irrelevant as the players should be focusing on the Eastern/Western fronts during the first few turns which comprise mobilization. However, I dislike rules ambiguities and was hoping to get clarification on these points.

Thanks in advance,
-T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Q1: Yes

Q2: Turkey (including Sinai) is out of question. I think you can go to Libya and keep Libya Revolt corps out of the game. I however don't think its worth an OP.

Q3: Persia enters the war as soon as Turkey does. Before that all spaces, but Basra are off limits.

Q4: Yes. But they can pile up on russian side.

Q5: Yes that is true. Also true that CP can't get any non TU corpses to NE before BU entry. That is why BU entry is the most important event in CP deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony M
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.