Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG.con II was my first time attending and when I went through the flea market my first thought was "I can hardly get through here." followed by "I can't go back the way I came."

Things were so close & tight, that you had to go with the flow and there was no way to stop & ponder a purchase or perhaps go back and grab something you saw earlier.

BGG.con III had a bigger room, but it also had more sellers & more buyers & some different problems.

I've been approached by BGG admins to shoulder the responsibility this year for 'directing' the Flea Market (I volunteered at the last minute last year) and I am looking for suggestions from both buyers & sellers for suggestions and improvements you would like to see.

Can't promise that we can pull all of them off, but we'd like to hear from ya'll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrmmm...flea market ideas...

Seeing as the flea market is the only event/time con attendees are guaranteed to have cash on hand, have a donation box at the door for your favorite charity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean the "Pay for Okiedokie's trip to BGG.con"?
Good idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for the help, Dwayne. Your reward will be in the afterlife. Check's in the mail... all that tosh.

We'll be in the same general space as last year, but we have some new rooms for the special events, like this and the math trade, which will allow us to not interrupt normal gaming spaces for such things. We regard this as an improvement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
One way for people to get more for their games would be to have one of those GeekList auctions a week before BGG.con and the people could complete their transactions in Dallas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
One way for people to get more for their games would be to have one of those GeekList auctions a week before BGG.con and the people could complete their transactions in Dallas.

How does the flea market work? Are there fees for selling your games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Flea market format is this:

You set up all your games on a table, we open the doors and folks come running in like banshees. One hour later, everything is done.

There are no fees to the seller. BGG does this as a service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:

I agree. Either an auction or just lists pointing to stuff for sale. The purchases can be made before BGG.CON and the games can be exchanged at BGG.CON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I added a geeklist for people who want to sell their stuff at BGG.CON, but want a head start before the CON: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/36551

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.