United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Downloading at 56 Kbps. Reading at 0.2 Kbps
badge
OGRE 6e at last!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this over the weekend because the timer-mechanic sounded novel. On explaining the game to the lads at the School Games Club they were really enthused (partly by the handsome looking bits and partly by the sand-timer mechanism) and we pitched in.

The goofs we made were as follows:
+We were picking at random from out Tech 1 pile (sorry, the fact that it's choice is clearly in the English rules, but I got confused with the Tech 2 and 3 rules).
+I didn't realise you can action a tech card build and discard it once complete. I lost by miles because I ended up with no spare power nozzles and no solar plants in my planning area, so everything ground to a halt for me. I spent some of my precious time scanning the rules to find what you do if you build something you can't place, but didn't look as far as the advanced rules.
+We allowed 2 timers on the same mine or on the same spaceship simultaneously.
+We moved the spaceships once the timer became utilisable, not move, activate timer and arrive when it finished.
+We didn't use the sound track.
+We checked the VPs at the end and found that the VP marker positions were hopelessly far out. Looking at people's remaining VP markers is almost as good a guide!

I can expect a some scrapping over who plays this next week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude the biggest mistake up there:

h3rne wrote:

The sound track is fricking AWESOME!

h3rne wrote:
+We checked the VPs at the end and found that the VP marker positions were hopelessly far out. Looking at people's remaining VP markers is almost as good a guide!

We don't even bother with the markers on the track anymore. Time's too short to be fiddling with them and it's not like you can't just add your score up at the end anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chappelear
United States
Kensington
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, we never use the in-game VP scoring track, either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Short
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greendan wrote:
Dude the biggest mistake up there:

h3rne wrote:

The sound track is fricking AWESOME!
I fully expect one of the players in my gaming group to add the soundtrack to his iPod. If only so he can start playing it at random intervals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.