Lucas London
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all....just a quick question

I'm wondering if a variant exists for the game where there is no great old one....
I'm basically wanting one of these because I feel that gates and monsters appear so fast, and the GOO is looming so these cannot be ignored. Hence, my urge for having regular encounters in Arkham Locations is sacrificed for fear that the GOO will awaken.

if not, I guess I'll have to invent one....not sure how one would win or loose yet though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Masakiuma wrote:
if not, I guess I'll have to invent one....not sure how one would win or loose yet though

Just make it harsh, say if you go insane or go unconscious -> that investigator is out of the game. Don't know about winning, but you'd lose when/if all investigators are bonkers or bled out ! None of that healing crap .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could play with Azathoth as the GOO, but don't bother to add Doom tokens when gates open...
Win by "closing all gates" OR "sealing 6 gates"; Lose by having "too many gates open" OR something like "Terror level hits 10"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
oooh that tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing a variant (two-player) - where
1. You don't have a monster limit and don't use the terror track.
2. You start with a fixed number of random mythos cards (say 15 for a quick game), and once you've drawn the last card the game ends.
3. At the end, for every monster left on the board the bad guys get a point and for every gate token the players have they get a point (if you want to make it easy on yourself give yourself another point for every 10 points of monster tokens)
4. Also, we take a location card regardless of whether we're closing gates, getting healed etc. This means you get a lot more location cards (and let's you see the location events at Arkham Asylum etc. which might otherwise not get a look-in).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.