Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
This is hard to respond to, but it was a good read, and provides good insight into a fellow geek's outlook. I bet a lot of geeks are romantics at heart. There's a lot of time for contemplation while waiting to be picked last for kickball, or sitting out in far left field picking dandelions. Thanks for writin' it, G.

But how about that Sarah Palin? Man, that woman is dense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes! wrote:
This is hard to respond to, but it was a good read, and provides good insight into a fellow geek's outlook. I bet a lot of geeks are romantics at heart. There's a lot of time for contemplation while waiting to be picked last for kickball, or sitting out in far left field picking dandelions. Thanks for writin' it, G.

Nice edit? *sigh*

Thanks for sharing, Shushnik.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Rukasu wrote:
Holmes! wrote:

Nice edit? *sigh*

Actually, my edit was to correct a typo. Teh Funny was in the original plan. I almost deleted and reposted, to avoid the appearance you're commenting on, but then... I didn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
Holmes! wrote:
Rukasu wrote:
Holmes! wrote:

Nice edit? *sigh*

Actually, my edit was to correct a typo. Teh Funny was in the original plan. I almost deleted and reposted, to avoid the appearance you're commenting on, but then... I didn't.

He's not picking on Palin as much as he's poking me in the ribs about it. As incorrigible as myself, I love ya holmes!

I know...I couldn't care less about his thoughts on Palin.

And Holmes!, sorry about my comment. Without editing it in, it's not really eye-roll worthy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Rukasu wrote:
I know...I couldn't care less about his thoughts on Palin.

Now, that just hurts.

Rukasu wrote:
And Holmes!, sorry about my comment. Without editing it in, it's not really eye-roll worthy.

Aww, that's betterer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Holmes! wrote:
There's a lot of time for contemplation while waiting to be picked last for kickballs.

My last girlfriend liked to play this game, I always was hoping to be picked last she thought otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
Years later, not a day goes by without me thinking of her. After her was my final realization that unrestrained love, while absolutely glorious, is destructive. I loved her so much that my soul was damaged, and I went half mad for a few months. I lost twenty pounds simply because I had no desire to eat.

I know this one oh so well. He even still loved me. Sometimes relationships can do untold damage when they end.

I doubt I will ever be over that one. I am very damaged goods emotionally.

Thanks for sharing you story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
When my wife decided to leave, my world ended. But the shining light was that I could attempt a relationship with the other woman.

why man? if i was your wife and i loved you i'd want you to go where your heart is happiest. incedently i think this is the best thing for your children too. you want to set possitive examples to them about the pursuit of happyness (i'm not talking about frivilous crushes here).. many children are scared by pearents who continue to live together when the sprak died ages ago. if you don't feell like huggin and kissing your partner infront of your kids anymore, maybe moving on would be a good thing?

Shushnik wrote:

It's the love, not the sex, that drives us and inspires us to greatness.

great sentiment here. i've often held that sex and love are not particularly linked. i've had some mind bending sex with people i'd only describe as good freinds and some pretty bland sex whith women i'll love till i die... and would probaly die for.

good post man...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.