Susan Murphy
United States
Manassas
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
to tell them if you have some of the games to buy or trade that the BBG member has on their wish list?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
nonnymouse wrote:
to tell them if you have some of the games to buy or trade that the BBG member has on their wish list?

People have done so for me and I just went with it, although i do not know if there is an official policy. I don't see why it would not be fine; one just has to then use the marketplace here on BGG for the transaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nonnymouse wrote:

It's actually a great idea to do a trade query before sending them a proposal anyways... just to make sure they're up to date on their collection. So yes, it's a great idea to send them a note saying that you'd like them to trade/sell you stuff. Just be patient as not everyone gets back to you on your requests so if you haven't heard back in a week or so just give them another nudge... ever so politely.

Oh and check to see when they were last on... if they haven't been on since '98 then they're probably not coming back.

Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I wish I could leave my bones and my skin and float over the tired, tired sea, so that I could see you again
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
Trade inquiry, yes, absolutely. Especially if you have a specific trade in mind.

Selling? Iffy. Some people don't mind, some will not appreciate it. Probably okay if you have a compelling reason to believe that the person really wants to buy that particular game and you are offering a good deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's BBG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Tompy wrote:
What's BBG?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/34217
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Murphy
United States
Manassas
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, everyone. You've been very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.