Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Koch
United States
California
flag msg tools
Sekkoia is a French company run by snail eating A-hole snobs. All they did was buy out Rumis, make some cosmetic changes, eliminate all the interesting extra boards keeping only the "tower" and then having the gall to use the "blokus" title. This game has some mild similiarities to Blokus but its not similar enough to deserve the same name. Its about as respectable as calling Stratego "Civil War Chess".

Another reason I hate those snobs that run Sekkoia is this: I submitted a game for licensing to their company months ago called Zurround. My game was rejected even though it was the best submission their company ever received by their own admission and after several months they have not even had the decency to return my prototype like they promised. Zurround is better than Blokus and by all rights I should be the multi millionaire that that wimpy little middle aged snail eating snob that created Blokus is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zurround wrote:
Words...

um...wtf?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
thrasymachus wrote:
zurround wrote:
Words...

um...wtf?

I think someone hit a nerve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hemsley
Italy
Desio
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is blokus 3d a video game? That video makes it look that way.

--James

(didn't watch whole thing)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Koch
United States
California
flag msg tools
variant way to play!
I came up with a way to play blokus 3d without a board!

1. Agree to a maximum height limit, I recommend FOUR.

2. Make sure your table is big, it does not really need to be that big.

3. for the first round of play (one piece of each color depending on how many people are playing) each piece must touch the table AND at least one other piece (the first piece can start anywhere)

4. All of the building rules for rumis apply ie height limit and no "holes"

5. To make it impossible for one player to just shoot off in their own direction the connection rules are slightly different. Each piece you play after the starting round must connect to your own color AND at least one OTHER color besides your own

6. score the usual way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hanley
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
zurround wrote:
Sekkoia is a French company run by snail eating A-hole snobs. All they did was buy out Rumis, make some cosmetic changes, eliminate all the interesting extra boards keeping only the "tower" and then having the gall to use the "blokus" title. This game has some mild similiarities to Blokus but its not similar enough to deserve the same name. Its about as respectable as calling Stratego "Civil War Chess".

Another reason I hate those snobs that run Sekkoia is this: I submitted a game for licensing to their company months ago called Zurround. My game was rejected even though it was the best submission their company ever received by their own admission and after several months they have not even had the decency to return my prototype like they promised. Zurround is better than Blokus and by all rights I should be the multi millionaire that that wimpy little middle aged snail eating snob that created Blokus is.

Are you sure it was your game that was the problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teacher Fletcher
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zurround wrote:

Thank you for the single most entertaining post I have ever read on BGG. I have quoted this for posterity because I never want to forget that you wrote this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.