Günter Immeyer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two minor problems with the wording on some Destiny Cards:

1)
Quote:
"Fog of War": while this card is in play, if you ENTER a region containing one or more blue creatures, you do not have to stop travelling.

(same or similar wording on "Lord Maldazzar (Boss)")

In a situation where this destiny card is in effect and you are in a region ALREADY CONTAINING one or more blue creatures (and it's the start of your turn, i. e. you still have both of your 2 actions at your disposal):

1a) Do you have to interpret this card text exactly as written, i. e. do you have to take a challenge action vs. the blue creature(s) now (as normal) and -if you manage to defeat the blue- can you only move out of the region with your SECOND action (i. e. the card does not give you any benefit at all in this situation)?

or

1b) Was the card text intended to mean: blue creatures do not force you to stop and challenge them when travelling (meaning: travel actions would be handled as if all blue creatures were normal quest creatures that you could completely ignore if you wished)? In the given situation this would allow you to move OUT of the region with your FIRST action, since you wouldn't have to deal with the blue creature(s) in your region.

If 1a is right (which I tend to believe...), the destiny cards would only help you when travelling FROM a region free of blue creatures THROUGH a region containing blue creatures to reach another space behind that.

I wonder how you play it - or rather: how do you have to play it??

2)
Quote:
"Rumor of Riches" place 3 gold in ...[4 regions]... while this card is in play, any character that ENTERS these regions may take the gold tokens in that region...

Almost the same issue as #1, the question being: what if you're already IN one of those regions containing one of the gold piles?

2a) Do you actually have to take a travel action to move out of the region containing the gold and later you go back in (e. g. with the second movement point of the same travel action) to ensure that you ENTER the region?

or

2b) Are you allowed to just pick up the gold BEFORE the start of your regular two actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Langemark
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the cards are not mentioned in the official FAQ from FFG, we ruled that you must enter - not start or remain in - a region to trigger these events.

Note btw that you take the gold from "Rumor of Riches" regardless of wheeter the area is occupied by independent creatures, bosses, enemy characters etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fog of War..

i agree it only affect heroes that enter new zone. existing blue monster should be confronted. no runnning away for you..

Gold..

the hero should take the gold since he is already in the area
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.