Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have posted the rules to our website.

http://www.sjgames.com/munchkin/munchkinquest/munchkinquest_...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sounds interesting and different enough from "card-only" Munchkin to warrant a closer look!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great. Can't wait till the preorder arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
Sounds interesting and different enough from "card-only" Munchkin to warrant a closer look!

Thanks. We tried to keep the Munchkin feel while creating the game; I think we succeeded, but the market will let us know in about a month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I found my oldest son's main Christmas present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Neal
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet present, now how does dad keep from playing with it until Christmas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can only the monster's "owner" play cards which affect the monster's roll (and what about enhancers and such?) Also, how well balanced is this for 2 players (with the card game you need at least three for any semblance of balance...)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chapman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
Can only the monster's "owner" play cards which affect the monster's roll (and what about enhancers and such?) Also, how well balanced is this for 2 players (with the card game you need at least three for any semblance of balance...)?

Anyone can play monster enhancers (or de-enhancers) on a given combat, although the "owner" has slightly different motivation for doing so.

I personally haven't played it with just two, but I'll touch base with the dev team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Schoonover
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:

Cards that can affect die rolls will say things like "when you roll" or "when anyone rolls". Enhancers are handled exactly like in Munchkin, anyone can throw one on.

We playtested it a few times with only two players, and it wasn't as good as with 3 or 4, but it is playable with only two. With two players you can play the entire game cooperatively, but munchkins rarely want to share a win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeadlyEd wrote:
...With two players you can play the entire game cooperatively...

Actually this may be the selling point to my wife...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.