Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: euroquest [+] [View All]
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pleased to announce that we have posted at least a tentative version of the schedule of main event tournaments for EuroQuest VI to the website. The direct link is:

http://euroquest.gamesclubofmd.org/EQ_Schedule.aspx

Now, our webmaster is cleaning up this page a bit, but if you click on the PDF link at the top of the page (which should say EuroQuest VI, not V), you should have a readable, printable version. While we call this a "tentative" schedule, I don't expect any changes for the main events given that the GMs have had about a month now to suggest changes or make comments. What will need to be added is demo times for the new Wild Card event, plus any special events (some of which may not be announced until the last minute).

One new addition to the schedule this year is an after-action meeting now set for 8:30 AM on the final day of the convention, Sunday, November 9. I expect that the focus of this meeting will be discussion and feedback on alternatives for the future of EuroQuest, given that the convention has grown to the point that we are continuing to investigate other locations with more space. I hope to have GCOM President and BPA Board member Keith Levy, our Hotel Coordinator, on hand to lead this discussion.

Expect to see additional further updates to the website in October relating to vendor information, Wild Card tournament formats and demo times, a listing of alternate nearby hotels, and finally the announcement of the Hot New Essen game for the Wild Card event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a fair amount of open gaming, or is it mostly devoted to the tournaments?

Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jerkules wrote:
Is there a fair amount of open gaming, or is it mostly devoted to the tournaments?

I was there last year, and there is a lot of open gaming. In fact, that's all I did last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Dunning
United States
Kenmore
New York
flag msg tools
mb
There's both a lot of open gaming and a lot of Tournament action. There's ~11 Tournaments and continual open gaming. EQ always has a great selection of the newest cool games straight from Essen for folks to try out. Some brought by folks who've been to Essen and just want to share the newest games w/ others[thanks Tom M] and some brought by publishers. I remember Agricola being there last year courtesy of Z-Man Games[I think the ink was still wet on the mock up English translations for the cards].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Dunning
United States
Kenmore
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Head Count!

Who is coming to EQ VI this year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Haas
United States
Edgewood
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I'm planning on attending, though I still haven't registered. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.